Sacramento to Florida, where can we camp cheap?

MoonTimber

Is there a book, or website, or something that is all inclusive? I mean something that lists every campground, roadside rest area, walmart, Flying J, etc. Free or not?

Not that I have ever found. Allstays is good, but no one app, website or directory lists every campground. Here are a few websites we use:

and as we travel the U.S. and state highways we still find campgrounds that seem not to be listed anywhere so I keep my own POI file for the GPS and mapping program.
The National Forest Campground Guide and the Ultimate Public Campground Project websites list both free and pay public campgrounds.
For boondocking we use:
Free Campsites, Free Campgrounds, Bob's Cheap or Free Campgrounds, Dean's List, Boondockers Welcome, and Harvest Hosts, In printed/ebook versions there is the Escapees Days End Directory and Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds. In Florida some of the Wildlife Management Areas and Water Management Districts allow boondocking. Some Kansas State Fishing Lakes and Wildlife Management Areas allow boondocking. Boondocking is allowed on Arizona Trust Lands with a permit. For boondocking on National Forests this links to many of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps.

Archived