Thousand Trails

Dick N

I do not know if our experience with the Thousand Trails Zone Pass program is typical but here is what happened to us. Might be of benefit to someone else.

My wife and I purchased a Southeast Zone Pass from Thousand Trails for $199/ yr at the Tampa RV show 3 years ago. At the end of each year, Thousand Trails would resubscribe us for $199. Not this year. We received a bill for $599. Of course, that is out of the question so we ignored it. Subsequently, we received 2 phone calls requesting payment. Today's caller stated we were considered delinquent in payment which would affect our credit standing. We buy nothing on credit so does not matter to us. Informed them several times that we have no intention of paying. Just close out the account. Not good enough, sounded like they want to play more hardball. Do not think we will ever consider Thousand Trails again.

First, I'm not sure what you were getting because zone passes have been ~$499/yr for the past few years, which gives you 30 nights free and then $3.00 night after that. I would guess that there was something else that was just in the Southeast Zone tied in with the Tampa RV Show, but wasn't a true zone pass. Did you sign anything when you purchased that 'pass'. That really isn't typical of what we have found with the zone pass because it is stated up front that it is a ONE YEAR and that you can renew, but you don't have to, you just notify them (in writing) that you are canceling your membership.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I agree with Barb, right now it states the annual fee for a zone is $545 and when you buy one zone you get a second zone for free, wait a minute that ended March 6. You probably got a 3 years for $199 special, they always have some kind of special going on with the zones.

Dave Watkins

Highland Village, TX

2014 F-350 Dually

Open Range 349RLR

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived