Finding a Notary

SWharton

Good info.......I don't think I'd every thought of that. We usually use our bank (BOA) and most of the branch offices have a notary. In the larger communities there are some with multiples on site at all times. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Many UPS Stores have them, also.

Yeah, but know EXACTLY how much up front.....$$$$. When we called to notarize a car sale he said $10. Got there and got it done....he said $30 bucks. What? I thought it was $10? That's $10 for each name on the title!!! WTH? What a rip off. Just FYI. rockin'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

We were on the road already when our house sold. We had a ton of papers that had to be signed and notorized. We went to a local bank and they wouldn't do it because we didn't have an account there. Asked when they would suggest and they said to try the city hall which was right down the street. Went there and had it done. I asked how much and was told $5. I figures $5 for each item but was told no only $5. I thought that was a bargin.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

We were on Prince Edward Island last summer when we needed to have papers relating to a property sale notarized. In Canada, notaries are found in certain solicitor's offices. We made an appointment at a solicitor's office in Charlottetown and I think the whole thing cost ~$25. What was charming was that the young notary told us that she couldn't fill in the expiry date of her commission because she "serves at the pleasure of Her Majesty, the Queen." No one in Maryland seemed to care that she had crossed out each place where the forms stated "my commission expires on ....." :D

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I've used the notaries in Wal-Mart Supercenters. They usually have the little banks or credit unions located within them.

2001 Kenworth T600, Cat 3406E, 525 hp, 18sp, 3.55 gear ratio
2012 41' Keystone Fuzion 399 Toyhauler
2005 Chevy 3500 DRW Crew Cab
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW Quad Cab
2010 Kawasaki Teryx
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4

I am surprised abut Wal-mart. We stopped at a bank in Wal-mart to get quarters for laundry and were refused because we didn't have an account. We questioned this and they said the facilities was for members only. That was in Phoenix. I have stopped other places and not been refused.Maybe it is something to do with Arizona.

Bank or credit union, we haven't had any issues with the in-store banks around Phoenix but some of the credit unions can be a pain if the teller is feeling like being a jerk.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

One problem we ran into when we recently updated our Advanced Medical Directive was that neither the bank or UPS store or Mailboxes, Etc.(all of which offer notary services) would not notarized that document as the other name for it is Living Will and they will not notarize a will. Period. Any attorney's office should be able to notarize anything you need for a small fee. In Colorado that fee is set by the state.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Stan,

I didn't pay any attention to whether it was a bank or credit union. I wouldn't think a credit union would be at a Walmart though. Kind of a very limited population to support the credit union.

In hindsight, it was probably a credit union since they asked if I had an account.

Seems strange to me too but with the new rules for joining a credit union they seem popular.

https://www.desertschools.org/membership/about-desert-schools/locations

Williams Field Wal-Mart
2501 S Market Street
Gilbert, AZ 85295
In Store Branch
Chandler Wal-Mart
2750 E Germann Rd
Chandler, AZ 85286
In Store Branch

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Chandler Wal-Mart

2750 E Germann Rd

Chandler, AZ 85286

In Store Branch

Stan, that's the one that I use all the time, and I don't even have an account with them.

2001 Kenworth T600, Cat 3406E, 525 hp, 18sp, 3.55 gear ratio
2012 41' Keystone Fuzion 399 Toyhauler
2005 Chevy 3500 DRW Crew Cab
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW Quad Cab
2010 Kawasaki Teryx
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4

I have been a Notary for 30 + years. In Texas the cost is just under $100 for four years and that includes

a notary stamp, the recording book, insurance and state fee. If I ever run into anyone who requires a notary

I will be glad to do it for you and I don't charge. In fact I have never charged anyone to notarize anything in over 30 years.

here is where I have found notaries easily. Car dealerships, accountants, real estate offices, credit unions, and if they are not busy I have seen the local vehicle title office do it for a few dollars.

Retired Army Bob & Sherry, Border Collie Misty. Cincinnati, OH 2014 Tour 42QD. 2015 GMC Canyon, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar, 2001 Honda Gold Wing, SMI Air Force Onesmile.gif

Archived