Outlets Just Stopped Working

The 4 outlets in the front of our coach (2006 Winnebago Adventureer, W22 chassis), 2 for the entertainment center and 2 on the passenger/copilot side all of a sudden stopped working. I am assumed I tripped a GFI, but the only 2 GFIs (none appear connected to the 4) I know of are working and none of the house or chassis breakers/fuses are tripped. What am I missing. Thanks

Rick & Jody Werth

Des Moines, IA

2006 Winnebago Adventureer 33V

2014 Honda CRV

There may be one in a compartment that is tripped but that would be a slim chance. Make sure if any breakers feel soft or were tripped make sure you turn them off then back on. or better yet turn one off at a time and reset it, then do the next one until all are reset.

safe Travels, Vern

I thought our MH had only 2 GFCI outlets. One day a kitchen outlet was dead, I began the search and finally found a 3rd GFCI "hidden" in a small corner compartment on the kitchen counter where the coffee maker is stored. Ya never know for sure, keep looking.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Or if all else fails check the wires coming off the breakers and see if one has come loose. Our homes are equivalent of a stix n brixs going through an earthquake, stuff shakes loose !

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

You guys solved it. There was a 15 amp pop-out fuse on the small inverter in the storage bay on the passenger side. Did not even know there was one there, which is the exact reason to ask experienced and smarter folks. THANK YOU.

Rick & Jody Werth

Des Moines, IA

2006 Winnebago Adventureer 33V

2014 Honda CRV

You guys solved it. There was a 15 amp pop-out fuse on the small inverter in the storage bay on the passenger side. Did not even know there was one there, which is the exact reason to ask experienced and smarter folks. THANK YOU.

Yup, I think we've all been there, done that. There is nothing like crawling around, feeling for fuses/breakers, to make you wonder about how the manufacturer expected you to know where everything is located. What is worse, the very day after your coach was manufactured they might have changed the location of that inverter.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Or if all else fails check the wires coming off the breakers and see if one has come loose. Our homes are equivalent of a stix n brixs going through an earthquake, stuff shakes loose !

That is on my annual checklist. Go through every breaker panel and make sure all wires are tight. Your description of driving our highways is dead on. I think this is why RV 120VAC receptacles have spring-type wire holders.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived