The floor project

Well, we're done installing the Allure. There are a few things that still need to be addressed, I want wood flooring in the cockpit, and since we're doing that, we're going to use the same wood to cover the engine access hatch in the bedroom.There's a hump in it, at the rear, so I'll have to build up around it and use my wood skills to round it a bit so there won't be any stubbed toes.

Over all, we're pleased with the flooring. The cats, are really enjoying themselves on it, the laser has them skidding all over the place......

Pogo Mau ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pogo-Mau/758400314204858?ref=hl ) loves to stretch out on the floor in front of the TV now, he never did it before, so I guess he approves!

2003 Newmar Dutch Star 3802

'98 Ford Ranger

• 11 months later...
Hi,

We are at that point where you were about a year ago.... replacing carpet with Allure. Your blog post last year about doing this was very helpful. It appears that you have Oak cabinetry and trim like ours and the particular vinyl floor model you chose looks great with it in the pictures. Although the box is shown in several pictures I cannot tell exactly what model Allure is it that you put in or whether it is in the Ultra line or the thinner regular line?

How has it been for you since installing it? Dents and scratches are my biggest concern.

Has that metal transition strip worked OK that you put down under the slideout carpet overhang? My slide has no rollers to support the leading edge. It just slides up the ramp under the edge so I am concerned about having to hold that edge in place like you did with a strip.

Our 5th wheel has two very long slides. One, like yours, is a curb side level floor and has a carpet flap. The opposing street side slide is all cabinetry so neither has any wall to attach molding that would cover the edge and keep it from lifting or curling. Just curious if you had a similar problem and a solution that has worked. Both slides are about 18' long.

Also, would you still go for such a light colored floor or would you opt for a slightly darker tone?

We really like the look it gave your RV, though.

Budd

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

We glued the portion of the floor down that the slides slid over. After about 4 or 5k miles we noticed gaps in the boards. Pulled up the glued boards had had no more problem.

Good Luck

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

Archived