RVRearend height

JimmiV

Members, I have a 40' Grand Sport...the rearend of my rig is very low, the angle of departure is very bad...I have a 4" roller on the underside which in my opinion seems to be a very weak response to this problem....So, I am trying to wrack my brain to figure out how to solve it...a larger roller doesn't solve it....Question, has anyone done or heard of anyone putting some type of secondary airbags or air/hydraulic shocks that have a switch in the cab...so when we come off the freeway and enter the cities and residential neighborhoods with dips in and out of every driveway...we could inflate the bags or shocks and raise the rear end to an acceptable level. If so, name and manufacturers of such products...

Thanks

Jimmi V.

Air shocks are kinda iffy for heavy loads, Ryde-Rite makes a variety of air bags and mounting kits and may have something for you. If your rig has an air compressor they also make nice control panels or if not 12 volt compressors.

http://riderite.com/products

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

HI JIMMiV

A couple of questions 1) how old is your rig. 2) Have you ever had it weighed? 3) is the rear axel air ride? All that said you may be over loaded, If you have them, air bags may need replaced, compressor might need a new governor. Springs may need replacing. Might have major air line leaks. We need more input for more suggestions.

Keep us informed.

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

I recently read on another forum that Source Engineering of Eugene, Oregon has a new kit out that appears to be nothing more than a momentary switch that activates only the rear air bags. They have a video that shows it moving the rear of a MH up and down somewhere close to 3 inches. I think I saw it on IRV2. I will search and try to get the URL for the video and post it. I know I am interested as I have a 4 drop receiver and it bottoms very easily when I am towing.

Good luck, good health and safe travels!

I am having a lot of trouble getting to the Source Eng website but if you go to the IRV2 site under the heading RV Industry Press there is a youtube video and it has contact info at the end. I hope this is a solution for your and my problem.

Good luck, good health and safe travels!

Not sure what kind of a Puller you have but I have a 730 so if I'm worried about the backend of the trailer hitting like I am with the xtra sewer pipe carrier mounted under, I dump the rear air bags and air hitch. Example would be going on and coming off the BC Ferries ramp.

Archived