Is membership in the "Dark Side" manadatory when using an HDT?

noteven

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, membership is mandatory!!

198276_340_zpshc4nglv4.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

It is so easy to insult the MDT's even if you have one. It seems things get taken personal even when pointing out agreed upon issues.

eg...

"Can't seem to get my toter stopped as fast as I want."

--- get bigger brakes---

"Don't listen to him, he's an idiot, you can pull that trailer with the 250 just fine"

Whereas, here on the dark side they just get Big5er after you to make you defend what you really said. LOL :)

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Now that is funny!

X2

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Also keep in mind that there is a "road" to hell, but only a "stairway" to heaven! Just saying' :P

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Just don't jump on the Volvo bandwagon lol

Over here, most of us don't care if it's a horse drawn wagon, as long as the horse is big enough for the job. ;)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

It is so easy to insult the MDT's even if you have one. It seems things get taken personal even when pointing out agreed upon issues.

eg...

"Can't seem to get my toter stopped as fast as I want."

--- get bigger brakes---

"Don't listen to him, he's an idiot, you can pull that trailer with the 250 just fine"

Whereas, here on the dark side they just get Big5er after you to make you defend what you really said. LOL :)

As an "amateur psychologist" I have developed certain behavioral science theories when it comes to relationship between man an machinery and frequent lack of logic in those relationships. I would further venture to say that an evidence of abusive pathology is often in evidence, couple of early examples.

2902955090096176628IHnXeJ_ph.jpg

2757284320096176628MfzdLj_ph.jpg

The second picture shows that late adolescents is perhaps he prime age where this pathology begins to take root.

With the onset of young adulthood the need to haul things and move objects around come to forefront and the abuse continues

2383497960096176628EeoQhb_ph.jpg

2949927930096176628FBLLML_ph.jpg

and escalates.

2742744220096176628LXoaTt_ph.jpg

Once those individuals move on from bikes and passenger cars to pickups, there a notable advance in the "overload pathology".

Since sexuality and psychology share a close tie I would theorize that onset of maximum production of testosterone plays a significant role in this behaviour.

2715916380096176628HfZIbO_ph.jpg

2991999530096176628uXEzzd_ph.jpg

2555636760096176628VnGyYV_ph.jpg

I might add that the most extreme cases of this pathology have been witnessed outside of our borders and culture.

2836134410096176628BRuBMq_ph.jpg

This is not say that with the undocumented aliens situation it is entirely possible that individuals capable of such abuse are walking amongst us.

What I am hoping to demonstrate here is that arguing with pickups owners (or even some MDT owners) about folly of their ways is not advisable, unless you carry certain medical credentials and you and they are willing to undertake a series of sessions that will expose the roots of their feelings and beliefs.

Best to join the Dark Side and ignore them.

However, what I find very encouraging on this forum is the steady progression of those who have started with "lesser vehicles" and then moved on to the HDTs. Apparently what is posted here, first has the "calming effect" and then allows the lurkers and those who come out from the shadows to perform self analysis and "cure themselves".

There is only one physics, when the vehicle bed is down on the axle, it won't go no farther,

that means you can put as much on as you want. I mean, what could happen? :)

TrainOverload.jpg

Yamaha V-Star
ThermoKing TriPack

Man, are you guys listening to yourselves ?????????????????????

it is no wonder this site has become a wasteland for MDTers..

It sounds to me that many of you are suffering from a very short appendage... and only bullies build themselves up by putting others down..

Rather than spreading this garbage over this great site, perhaps to can form a "aren't we wonderful" site off on your own...

And you wonder why "they still don't like us."..

I always thought class 8 RV pullers were pretty cool.... you have really changed my opinion... you guys need to grow up...

Oh come on, it's parody, it's comedy! Man oh man, have you ever been to a comedy club or seen Rodney Dangerfield and his "I don't get the respect" stick. You take yourself way too seriously.

I bought lousy fifths, lousy trucks and have done bunch of stupid things in my life and every one of these things involved either ignorance or a moment of ignorance, I learned from those to not do it again.

And I am adult enough to know what it was and have no problem sharing it with others so that they benefit from my errors.

If I had a chip on my shoulder as big as yours I would have to have back braces years ago.

We have lots of fun on this forum and nobody is lecturing anybody or making "personal assessments" other than the tongue in cheek ones. If I got serious here I would tell you that this FL-60 of yours, with that 7 liter CAT is a perfectly suitable truck for your 29 foot Arctic Fox, but when hitched up to anything that these guys pull here, typically, it would crap out and die on the first hill. Deal with it!

Yeah, that chip again...that is you "psychologist" talking again ? I guess we are supposed to take the abuse because some think it is comedy ? Isn't that what the bully always says to their victim ? And where is your line ?

I (and many others) do not find this funny. We come here to associate, share and to learn...if I want abuse, there are other forums for that..

An quite frankly, someone has to stand up and say something and I have no problems about doing that...

If you want to dump on what others have bought, please us another forum...

I sure remember my path here. We had done the tent and trunk thing, then the tag trailer around the country.

Later we got into Class C and Class A RV's which we still have. It has been great fun and we met all kinds of folk.

Like most, we fell in love with the fifth wheel trailer's room and utility. It was economic and safety issues that put us

in Class 8 "motorhome" toter. My DW no longer gets wired if we have a long day on the road, the range and economy

are a plus, and you better wear a seat belt because this unit will put you on the windshield it stops so fast. So, if

joking around about on the forum is the largest challenge to my sex life, then you have given me a wonderful gift.

Bike%2520on%2520back%2520Indiana.jpg

Yamaha V-Star
ThermoKing TriPack

I sure remember my path here. We had done the tent and trunk thing, then the tag trailer around the country.

Later we got into Class C and Class A RV's which we still have. It has been great fun and we met all kinds of folk.

Like most, we fell in love with the fifth wheel trailer's room and utility. It was economic and safety issues that put us

in Class 8 "motorhome" toter. My DW no longer gets wired if we have a long day on the road, the range and economy

are a plus, and you better wear a seat belt because this unit will put you on the windshield it stops so fast. So, if

joking around about on the forum is the largest challenge to my sex life, then you have given me a wonderful gift.

Bike%2520on%2520back%2520Indiana.jpg

I have absolutely any problem with what you just said... you stated the positives and why..

..but that is not what I am referring to....

Dave an Jenney, ah those were the days, to be that young and "innocent" again.

001.jpg

My FIRST pickup!!!!!! That kid that my wife is pushing is 43 years old now.

You can't imagine how proud I was when I first overloaded that pickup of mine (graduated from the tent).

002.jpg

Broke both rear springs at one time or another (even with the helper springs). Again, ignorance was at work here, but if I "dimly" recall the testosterone production was high too. And white knuckling when trying to stop at a red light was frequent too.

An quite frankly, someone has to stand up and say something and I have no problems about doing that...

If you want to dump on what others have bought, please us another forum...

Why do you come here and try telling others that they should go somewhere else? I have an idea. If YOU don't like it here, rather than telling us to find another place, why don't you?

I made a good friend in Kansas last year when I told him that the whining turbo on his LGT (that is "Little Girlie Truck") woke me up and that if he needed help pulling his 5er, I had a real truck and would be happy to help. He knew how to take a joke and after spending a week parked next to each other we have become good friends.

You, on the other hand, have no idea of what you are talking about. Did you ever see the movie, Good Morning Vietnam? Remember the line toward the end? When Robin Williams tells the Sergeant Major, "You're in more dire need of a ........"?

Well, if the shoe fits....

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived