Attempted Identity Theft ?

rvman1948

Why would a cashiers check be good for a real estate purchase/sale but not for the purchase or sale of an RV????

This makes no sense.

Actually, a cashiers check is no good for real estate purchases either. We are currently involved in a transaction, and two different title/closing companys we have dealt with no longer will accept cashiers checks. They indicate that refusal is standard in many states as the amount of fraudulent transactions with cashiers checks was out of control. Thus, they primarily deal with wire transfers.

2014 F350 Dually Lariat 4x4
2013 Excel LTD 36RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

For a home it depends upon how closing is handled. Usually the possession is several days later so that cashiers checks can be verified and clears the banks. We closed on a Monday on the Park Model we bought - they requested a cashiers check from a local bank. We got the keys on Friday once every thing was verified. So yes, cashiers checks are still used in certain parts of the country.

When purchasing a vehicle, usually keys/title change hands at the same time unless there is an escrow company involved.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

My original post was to confirm my suspicions about an attempt to scam me. As usual I received some good help from members regarding my question. Thank You all for the help.

However

I think we have strayed from the original topic .

I do think the new topic contains some important info that may be helpful to others.

Again I got some answers to my question for which I am grateful.

Archived