Roadside Assistance

MuttHut

My husband and I are preparing to embark on becoming fulltime rv'ers, and would like some input on roadside assistance. We currently have AAA, but have heard about Good Sam Club is better. We have a fifth wheel with extended insurance coverage, but my main concern when traveling in a remote or unknown state we unexpectedly experience a blown tire or engine problems. In other words, we become stranded. Who would you recommend to be a reliable and proficient roadside assistance company?

Good Sam, Coach Net, Allstate all about the same for RV ERS.

Some of them have up to 3 plans, so pick the one that will do the job for you.

All 3 have customers that love or hate them.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Our Geico RV insurance offers RV towing, so look at other options too.

We actually tried to use it when the alternator went out in the boonies of AZ.

It was Sunday evening and they said "Yes" they could get us towed but "No" it wouldn't be until Monday morning.

I got the rig going and in a safe spot before Monday so we didn't end up getting the tow.

I'm not diss'ing Geico, we were in a bad spot at a bad time.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Good Sam, Coach Net, Allstate all about the same for RV ERS.

Some of them have up to 3 plans, so pick the one that will do the job for you.

All 3 have customers that love or hate them.

Thanks for the advice!!! We'll check them out!!

Our Geico RV insurance offers RV towing, so look at other options too.

We actually tried to use it when the alternator went out in the boonies of AZ.

It was Sunday evening and they said "Yes" they could get us towed but "No" it wouldn't be until Monday morning.

I got the rig going and in a safe spot before Monday so we didn't end up getting the tow.

I'm not diss'ing Geico, we were in a bad spot at a bad time.

BnB

Thanks for the information. Yes, that's exactly what I'm concerned might happen. I have heard conflicting reviews about all emergency roadside assistance companies. It can be very scary and overwhelming.

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

If you are not familiar with how RV road service companies work, as far as I know, none of them actually own their own tow trucks. The three that Biker mentioned all contract with towing companies to do the actual work. In many areas the companies that actually provide the service will be the same no matter which road service company you have. Some of the plans offered will cover any vehicle you own or rent others will not so you need to read the plan descriptions carefully and choose the one the best meets your needs. If your tow vehicle happens to still be under warranty check what towing service is provided, as that will usually cover towing to a facility that can do the work under the warranty not just the closest one that can do the repair. I also suggest that you check your tow vehicle and trailer insurance policies to see what towing may be included in them.

Again, Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!!

Howdy!

We have had both Good Sams ERS and Coach Net with out a dought we prefer Coach Net. I know this because we have used both of their services. We do get a discount through Escapees for Coach Net also.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Welcome to the Escapee forums. We have had both Good Sam and Coach Net and based upon that we much prefer Coach Net. And they are also an Escapee endorsed company. They give Escapees members a discount.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Never tried anything else, so I cannot compare, but we have been happy with Good Sam ERS every time we used them. Sometimes response takes a while, but the have always gotten the job done. I would not expect an instant response from any of them.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Note that Good Sam does not actually have a roadside assistance plan. Instead, they contract with Allstate Motor Club for those services. Coach-Net on the other hand, is a roadside assistance plan provider.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived