Toad Braking System

SWharton

Are all these systems suggested also to be considered for a car hauler two axel (brakes to all four wheels on the trailer and 7500 lbs each axel) with a Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab as the load on the trailer? Are the electric over hydraulic brakes on the car hauler sufficient for towing the loaded trailer. What do you all suggest? I am new to this towing with a motor home. Or is this really a different subject. I leave that to the moderator, as I do not intend to hijack a thread or posting.

Only post #23 is discussing towing with a trailer that has brakes. All others are addressing adding a brake system to a vehicle that is towed on it's own wheels behind an RV.

You might do well to start a new thread to discuss the issue of towing a vehicle on a trailer behind your motorhome as it is a very different issue with it's own set of limits.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome. I agree that you might do well to start a new thread. I am sort of surprised that Kirk did not comment on the size and weight of the vehicle you are wanting to tow. I am not very knowledgeable on towing with a motorhome but am sure that there is a limit to what motorhome can tow. That being said yesterday I saw some motorhomes that towed some pretty good size vehicles to a racetrack but I didn't think about what they might be rated to tow.

Archived