Cancel

Neo/Russ

2008 smart car, 11,800mi, 1-owner, White Passion coupe with black leather interior. Silver Tridlon, comfort package (heated seats, auto wipers and lights), cost new in ‘08 w/o tags and taxes - $15,620. However this one is loaded with accessories costing over $3,200 (w/o installation charges). KBB says an “excellent” private party sale is $7,695with no add-ons. REDUCED TO $9,295. Some of the accessories are: Scangauge, powder painted rims, all four rims equalized and Michelin tires equal for better ride/control/ability to rotate, etc. 12v. air horn, Optima battery, MDC cruise control, rocker panels and grille surround painted to match body, car cover. Still looks and smells brand new, always stored inside. More description and many photos available – message Russ - barnstormer36 at gmail dot com.

We're selling because of life changes after deciding not to become fulltimers and are now liquidating items we have gathered. We are enjoying retirement and are finding many more local things to keep busy doing.

2008 smart car, 11,800mi, 1-owner, White Passion coupe with black leather interior. Silver Tridlon, comfort package (heated seats, auto wipers and lights), cost new in ‘08 w/o tags and taxes - $15,620. However this one is loaded with accessories costing over $4,000 (w/o installation charges). KBB says an “excellent” private party sale is $8,944 with no add-ons. Asking $10,250. Some of the accessories are: Scangauge, powder painted rims, all four rims and Michelin tires equal for better ride/control/ability to rotate, etc. 12v. air horn, Optima battery, MDC cruise control, rocker panels and grille surround painted to match body, car cover. And a custom rear hitch to carry two bikes, spare tire for long distance runs or to pull onto a HDT bed. Still looks and smells brand new, always stored inside. More description and many photos available – message Russ - barnstormer36 at gmail dot com.

We're selling because of life changes after deciding not to become fulltimers and are now liquidating items we have gathered. We are enjoying retirement and are finding many more local things to keep busy doing.

I've received a few questions already, but the first one was about flat towing behind an RV. No this smart isn't set up for that, but can be. There are bracket kits for $199 and bars for $69.99 to pull, but you also need a master power switch and for some a brake unit. If I was doing it I'd invest in a single axle trailer with surge brakes and save wear and tear on the car and I could also tote a few things on the trailer bed - bikes, ladders, boxes, etc.....Russ

• 2 weeks later...

I waited several weeks for those on this group to get first chances. I've received several email questions, but most people are too far away and while they want a quality unit, "it's too far from______________" So tonight it went on Craigslist and so far in three hours I've had 6 people send messages. I know the package is top dollar, but this is as good as it gets with all the add-ons.

Russ

Chad,

Home is near Murfreesboro, TN. Drop me a message about the car, or other T2 "stuff" I'm going to be selling. I've a great bed that this loads on.

Russ

I figured it was in TN, but I thought I would ask anyway. A little to far from CA to make it worthwhile. Although it is a very nice unit.

post-606-0-95631600-1426024317_thumb.jpg

I figured it was in TN, but I thought I would ask anyway. A little to far from CA to make it worthwhile. Although it is a very nice unit.

Thanks for the comment Chad. Attached is a photo of how it would look on the back of your T2 - that is if you bought my bed too. :-) Too bad you are so far away I have a lot of really cool T2 parts I'm also selling.

Russ

attachicon.gifP6080006 - Copy.JPG

Thanks for the comment Chad. Attached is a photo of how it would look on the back of your T2 - that is if you bought my bed too. :-) Too bad you are so far away I have a lot of really cool T2 parts I'm also selling.

Russ

Nice ramp. I like that and it solves the "over width" issue. I am still a ways off from retirement and the "need" for a Smart car, but if the right package came along I would consider it. Tennessee is a long way away from CA though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

2008 smart car, 11,800mi, 1-owner, White Passion coupe with black leather interior. Silver Tridlon, comfort package (heated seats, auto wipers and lights), cost new in ‘08 w/o tags and taxes - $15,620. However this one is loaded with accessories costing over $3,200 (w/o installation charges). KBB says an “excellent” private party sale is $7,695with no add-ons. REDUCED FROM $10,250 TO $9,295. Some of the accessories are: Scangauge, powder painted rims, all four rims equalized and Michelin tires equal for better ride/control/ability to rotate, etc. 12v. air horn, Optima battery, MDC cruise control, rocker panels and grille surround painted to match body. Still looks and smells brand new, always stored inside. More description and many photos available – message Russ - barnstormer36 at gmail dot com.

Archived