sleeper fan switch

Shallow Draft

I have a minor problem with the sleeper fan. I can turn it on from the dash but not off. With each push of the rocker it goes up like it is supposed to but pushing the rocker the other way does nothing. I have tried another switch and had the same results. I am wondering if anybody else has had this issue. The switch in the sleeper works as it should.

Any suggestions as always is greatly appreciated.

Greg

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

That is my next step to see if the truck plug side is bad. I did push them all in but sometimes they feel tight and can still be non conecting. they did seem to be tight and all felt the same . I am not sure how the switch operates to make the fan speed up. Is it some sort of rotating clicker or does it send a signal somewhere else?

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Also I am being lazy and don't feel like tearing into the dash panels. I hoped the replacement switch was all it would require.

IIRC the switch only inputs "presses" to the LECM which controls the blower. No direct link.

Probably a bad wire on the "down" signal to the LECM. Finding the pinouts will take a little digging.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

IIRC the switch only inputs "presses" to the LECM which controls the blower. No direct link.

Probably a bad wire on the "down" signal to the LECM. Finding the pinouts will take a little digging.

thanks Ray it is as I suspected. No direct link. I am not sure where to even look for this,

I believe he is referring to the Light Control Module (LCM).....

On my 2005 780 it is located in the middle of the front dash behind

the radio. It is a flat rectangular box. Not sure if all models and years

are located in the same place.

Here is a picture of one....don't know if this is the correct part # for your truck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141301262099?lpid=82&chn=ps

Scott

On Edit: my bad there is a LECM so my post is incorrect for your problem. Sorry.

Living Environment Control Unit - the controller that is attached/behind the control panel in the bunk wall, driver's side.

The fan up/down signals come from the switch in the LECU with the dash switch paralleled to it.

The signal is a pulsed voltage on connector A of the LECU. Piin 5 is up and pin 6 is down.

I's suspect the "down" signal (wire) from the dash switch is FUBAR somewhere. I'm not sure where the two switches are spiced together but this is a possibility.

Just a place to start looking. Hope is helps.

Thanks Ray

that sounds like the situation and I now know that there is such a thing as the LECU

bmzero

sounds like we have the same issue .It is not a big problem but it would be nice to resolve it

agreed on the priorities but I might open the panel and have a look at the wires there. I am sure it is a simple fix. just need to find where to do the simple fix.

I have a similar issue. Mine works fine from the dash, but I can only turn the fan down from the bunk, not up. Man, these things have a lot of circuits...

Still could be the switch. I believe they are identical so just swap them to try

agreed on the priorities but I might open the panel and have a look at the wires there. I am sure it is a simple fix. just need to find where to do the simple fix.

I hear that! I've got a bunch of annoying little projects on the truck (and trailer) but with the cold wet weather they can wait til spring.

Still could be the switch. I believe they are identical so just swap them to try

I have tried another switch and it had the same results. The 2nd switch is used so it is possible that the 2nd switch is also malfunctioning. I do have access to a known good switch [as soon as he is back from a trip]. I will try that and see how that works before I tear into the back panel.

I have the same issue - it just started - it has been working correctly up till now. As with you guys, it is WAY DOWN on my list. I won't even pull the switches/panels until I'm serious about fixing it. For now, it is "localized control".

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

to bad I am not very skilled with an ohm meter. I am never sure what reading should be. Time for a you tube lesson!!!!!

depending on the build date on your guys Gen 2 trucks , i SHOULD have all the schematics here if you end up needing them.

also got a official Bindered Volvo Gen 2 service manuals.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived