Attending boot campand escapdee for beginner who does not have RV yet

Vicsze

Hello all,

I am wanting to tap into the full time Rving lifestyle

though I haven't bought an RV yet.

I wonder in this case is it worthwhile for me to attend the upcoming bootcamp in Tuscon? Also what information in boot camp and escapades would useful for me to buy a new RV and live my new lifestyle. I am particulary into how nomads get into employment and domicile in South Dakota.

The Escapade and Boot Camp would both be great starting points, the more you know the less unhappy you'll be after you find you bought the wrong stuff or spent way too much for it.

Why South Dakota over the other two places for domicile folks seem to pick, Texas and Florida? SD is pretty easy, just call the Escapees office and ask for the SD mail service package. A second option is to pick one of the SD mail services.

Jobs in SD I can't help you with, what field of work are you interested in?

Welcome to the Escapees forums. We are happy to have you join us and we will do whatever we are able to assist you.

I believe that the Boot Camp at the next Escapade is already booked full, but you may want to check just to be sure. Escapade is still available and you don't have to come by RV. Here is a link to the schedule for the Tuscon Boot Camp and this link is to the list of coming Boot Camp events.

For information about Escapade, check out this link. We would love to see you there!

I'd highly encourage the Escapees Boot Camp for you. My wife and I retired a little over two years ago, bought a small Motorhome In Michigan. First thing we did was to drive to the Boot Camp in Wickenburg, AZ to learn how to manage & live in it. We had zero experience. Boot Camp was the smartest thing we did in our decision to fulltime.

You will make a lot of new friends there, get a solid RV education, be able to ask a lot of questions, get advice, opinions, etc. And Folks attending will have all different kinds of RV's to compare experiences with, which may assist you in making your decisions.

Best wishes and good luck!

Jim

...that will be better because Boot Camp tries to help you buy your third RV first. Good Luck

hehe, very good point. We lucked out... asked a lot of questions up front... And ended up doing pretty good. We had been planning to retire two years later than we did... and had been looking long & hard at fulltiming. It worked out that we could pull the trigger early... and we decided to "git her going". Glad we did.

I think your advice is excellent.

Jim

Archived