RV Furniture in DRV

s106300

UPDATE!!!!!!!

With no retail option available to fit the space and no upholsterers that will tackle the project...we decided to purchase a HD sewing machine, a pneumatic upholstery stapler and some quality upholstery fabric and reupholster the sofa ourselves! The sofa was bolted to the slide out floor..husband removed one section at a time and we very carefully removed the existing (terrible) fabric and used it as a pattern for the new fabric. We also reused the existing zippers (9 of them) on the 4 seat cushions and 5 back cushions. There were MILLIONS of staples in the old fabric. We also reused the foam in the seat cushions as it was in good condition. 

The entire project took us 2 months but we did not work at it every day. We are very happy with the end result and are glad we went this route. I know its not for everyone,,,but it was doable for us...and now we have a sofa we love...and bragging rights!

Sorry but I am unable to post a picture...cannot resize it small enough.

6 hours ago, millertime said:

UPDATE!!!!!!!

With no retail option available to fit the space and no upholsterers that will tackle the project...we decided to purchase a HD sewing machine, a pneumatic upholstery stapler and some quality upholstery fabric and reupholster the sofa ourselves! The sofa was bolted to the slide out floor..husband removed one section at a time and we very carefully removed the existing (terrible) fabric and used it as a pattern for the new fabric. We also reused the existing zippers (9 of them) on the 4 seat cushions and 5 back cushions. There were MILLIONS of staples in the old fabric. We also reused the foam in the seat cushions as it was in good condition. 

The entire project took us 2 months but we did not work at it every day. We are very happy with the end result and are glad we went this route. I know its not for everyone,,,but it was doable for us...and now we have a sofa we love...and bragging rights!

Now that you have the stuff, maybe a side job opportunity in the making? 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 2/23/2015 at 8:38 PM, Big Greg said:

There are Amish furniture makers in the Elkhart, IN area that make custom furniture for RVs too

Lambright.  Here is the link.  We have two recliners and a hide-a-bed sofa.  Love'em.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

13 hours ago, millertime said:

UPDATE!!!!!!!

What? You can buy furniture that fits the rig. What to revive a thread that is 6 years old. 👍🏻

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

7 hours ago, rynosback said:

What? You can buy furniture that fits the rig. What to revive a thread that is 6 years old. 👍🏻

I COULD NOT buy a sectional sofa that would fit the space in the slide out. The right side (chair) detaches and rolls to the entry side slideout for travel. I could have had one custom made for about $4000.00 but decided that was unacceptable. DRV offered only pleather..also unacceptable. Reupholstering was definitely the best option for us.