Looking for a 90 day weather forecast

Just Don

Since forecasters can't get the next day right, I'm not sure why you would want a 90 day forecast. A better option IMO is to research the historical weather for an area you are interested in. Perhaps something like Weather Underground's history function?

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

The NWS is which the "official" keeper of records has all the historical data you could want. They also do 90-day predictions, but they do identify them as experimental. There is a reason that NWS spot forecasts only go out one week. That is the maximum they can do and expect a reasonable amount of accuracy.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

The Climate Prediction Center of Noaa provides maps showing statistical probabilities of "normal" "greater than" or "less than" for temperature and precipitation.

Of course you have to know what is "normal" for that part of the country. Here is an example:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/lead02/off02_temp.gif

Over the next 90 days it will start to get warmer in the southwest. It will slowly start to warm in the midwest and then come April the severe storms will start and will move east. In the Northwest it will probably rain so that everyone returning from the deserts will get their rigs washed by Mother Nature.

Bet I did as good as any other long range forecast. :lol:

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Son is a Weather Forecaster. Accurate 90 Day forecasts don't exist... Go with climatic averages for the area. What Rif suggested above is a good suggestion (Weather Underground History).

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

But if you do find an accurate forecast source... don't forget your friends!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Keep in mind that the climate is changing. Half of the US is experiencing colder weather than average while the other half is experiencing warmer weather than average.

Even so, I am constantly amazed at how well NWS and NOAA can predict 10-day weather patterns. The jet stream rules...

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

As others has said, go to Weather Underground History section and display the weather on the monthly grid. You can go back 2 or 3 years or more. In general what every highs and lows and periods of rain or sun you see for a few days can be applied to any period of days in that month. Of course there are always exceptions where you get an unusual period of great weather or a long period of bad weather.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Old Farmer's almanac good suggestion.
I guess I should have said and looked for averages.

I know theres nothing acurate that far out.

Bad choice of words. I'll stand in the corner now..

2012 Nuwa Champgne 38CKRD

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500

Full timing since 11/20/2012

event.png

An almanac may help but what is much easier is the weather underground's historical charts. More data, easier to see patterns and free.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Only thing I have found is reliable is my weather rock in my front yard at home. If its white, its snowing. If its shiny its sunny, if its wet its raining out.

Weather forcasters and financial advisers are two professions paid to be wrong most of the time.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Over the next 90 days it will start to get warmer in the southwest. It will slowly start to warm in the midwest and then come April the severe storms will start and will move east. In the Northwest it will probably rain so that everyone returning from the deserts will get their rigs washed by Mother Nature.

Bet I did as good as any other long range forecast. :lol:

Barb

Look out Al Roker, Barb has arrived! :D

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Also, if you decide NOT to go to Yellowstone the end of May, it will be the warmest spring on record. If, on the other hand, you do decide to go, they will have the largest snowfall in May on record.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

NadaThing, Stanley P. Miller, Al Florida, Jim&Alice, mrfrank, sr fox, chalkie, rif thanks for theinfo.

The rest of you thanks for the smiles. :unsure:

As I stated wasn't looking for accurate should have said average historical.. :ph34r:

2012 Nuwa Champgne 38CKRD

2012 Dodge Laramie 3500

Full timing since 11/20/2012

event.png

Archived