Sold - FS: 2004 Volvo VNL630 HDT 2 pedal auto w/ hauling bed, RV title

djb_rh

Selling my 2004 Volvo VNL630 HDT. Asking $34,995.

16410738887_033a24ee53_c.jpg

Full photo album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32643830@N04/sets/72157650988905255/

This truck was formerly Don France's truck, for those who have been around this forum for a while. He and I traded trucks around 2011, and this truck has very little use since then. It's a Freedomline 16 TWO PEDAL AUTOMATIC. So it's *easy* to drive. That's mated to a D12 Volvo engine, which is probably the best engine for HDT owners as it is the most fuel efficent and has more than enough HP and torque for even the biggest of HDT campers.

It's a two bunk sleeper, not a workstation, but a workstation could be swapped pretty easily. The sleeper has a fridge and the diesel heater in it, as well as AC via the engine. It also has shore power, but that's literally just an external plug that feeds a single gang two outlet box under the bottom bunk. It does have rust on the bottom of the drivers door, but I think that's due to clogged drain holes that caused an issue that got bad before it was noticed. The rest of the truck shows no signs of *significant* rust (it's an 11 year old HDT with a lot of miles, it's got *some* surface rust here and there...but it is by no means a "rust bucket").

It's got 462k miles, so it's still fairly young. It does have some scars in the fiberglass bodywork bits that are well shown in the pictures. The driver's seat is fairly worn. Four of the drivers are fairly new, four are developing some dry-rot cracks and probably need to be replaced pretty soon. The steerer tires look to be very good with a lot of miles left in them.

As for the fiberglass scars, they look worse in pics than real life. Nothing "dangles" or is in jeopardy of getting worse in normal use. The grill piece could be easily repaired if desired, and the bumper piece repaired or easily replaced. Or just drive it like it is and worry about it when you hit something worse, which is always a danger in these things on the open road.

I have maintenance records back to around 2007ish (well, the list from Don of what he had done from 2007-2011, and actual records on the few things we've done since then...but the truck probably has less than 20k miles since I got it fron Don).

Trailersaver air hitch currently configured with gooseneck ball, but I have the original Binkley head that can go back on for a 5er, too. Jackalopee installed as well as Maxbrake air proportioning brake controller. Frame extension is 18" and the custom steel bed I had added is 12-8 long at the outside edge and 8-1 wide. It has a 2.5" receiver hitch that should be good for 25k, maybe more, and includes an air ride hitch for it. Air plumbed to the rear for air brake trailers, too.

Asking $34,995 and it's available near Chapel Hill, NC. Any full timers who wanted to road trip to check it out are welcome to park at my place with FULL HOOKUPS, UNDER COVER WITH ROOM FOR SLIDEOUTS. (Henry and Davena have done it, as have Don and Fannie.) :)

This truck drives great, and I'm quite happy to show it off and let a prospective buyer drive it. I have a clean title in hand with this truck as a "house car" in NC (which is the terminology used for RVs here). I had no trouble converting two previous HDTs to RV titles in NC, but this one was already an RV on a Montana title when I bought it and I transfered it to NC with no problems. That should be the case for most any state, as I understand it, but that part is on the buyer to be completely sure of.

Email me at djb@donniebarnes.com (preferred) or call me at 919-967-4027.

--Donnie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived