Full Time RVing in 190 days!

Shulamite

Hello Everyone!

I am glad to be here. I just wanted to introduce myself and join in some of the conversations. Hubby and I are looking fwd to Aug.31st when we can drive away! We are currently parked next to the home we are selling. We moved into our beautiful palace (Newmar Dutch Star) in January and we are getting everything ready to roll. We will go to Redding California first, then Oregon, then Southern California, then Arizona, then Oklahoma, then Missouri! We have 8 kids and 13 grandkids to see! We have a cousin in Texas so that will be fun when we register the moho. I am eager to hear who you are and where you'd like to go.

:)

Welcome to the Escapee's RV Club and to the Escapee forums as well! It is great to have you become a part of the group and I'll also give a big welcome new Texans, even if a little bit early. :D

Our fulltime days are now behind us and we are back to seasonal travels but we hit the road March 1 to travel first to Tucson for the Escapade, then to Redlands, CA for a visit to Pam's family, a stop in the Apache Junction area on our way home to visit friends from the road and we expect to be back to base in order to contribute our part to the financial stability of the medical community of east Texas. Later we will be back out and travel up to OK for a week with friends and then a family reunion in KS after that.

We look forward to continued participation by you in the forums!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Welcome to the Escapee club and forums! From reading your post it sounds like you might have a whirlwind trip in mind. Be sure to slow down and take your time getting around and enjoy the journey as well as the various destinations. Try to take two lane roads as much as possible and stay off the interstates unless it's absolutely necessary. If you have not been to any rallies I recommend going to an Escapade or an FMCA rally to learn from the seminars and from your interaction with other club members.

We are into year 5 of our travels and have no plans to stop any time soon. We haven't even been to the east yet as there's so much to see and do in the west. One thing you will experience is the freedom that you don't have to "go home" or return somewhere at the end of the trip - the trip never ends and you are always home.

Safe Travels - Paul

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Welcome. Home is where we're parked. Presently in Marble Falls, Tx. Heading to Alaska in April going to spend the summer there then wander down to South Florida for next winter. I just hope the fuel prices stay reasonable.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

Congrats on going fulltime!!! It is a wonderful lifestyle. We're on our 19th year and still love it. I think most of us make a whirlwind trip the 1st time/year out. We learned quickly to slow things down a bit but I really loved that 1st year a lot. Hope to see you on the road one day. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Welcome to the Escapee's RV Club and to the Escapee forums as well! It is great to have you become a part of the group and I'll also give a big welcome new Texans, even if a little bit early. :D

Our fulltime days are now behind us and we are back to seasonal travels but we hit the road March 1 to travel first to Tucson for the Escapade, then to Redlands, CA for a visit to Pam's family, a stop in the Apache Junction area on our way home to visit friends from the road and we expect to be back to base in order to contribute our part to the financial stability of the medical community of east Texas. Later we will be back out and travel up to OK for a week with friends and then a family reunion in KS after that.

We look forward to continued participation by you in the forums!

Welcome to the Escapee club and forums! From reading your post it sounds like you might have a whirlwind trip in mind. Be sure to slow down and take your time getting around and enjoy the journey as well as the various destinations. Try to take two lane roads as much as possible and stay off the interstates unless it's absolutely necessary. If you have not been to any rallies I recommend going to an Escapade or an FMCA rally to learn from the seminars and from your interaction with other club members.

We are into year 5 of our travels and have no plans to stop any time soon. We haven't even been to the east yet as there's so much to see and do in the west. One thing you will experience is the freedom that you don't have to "go home" or return somewhere at the end of the trip - the trip never ends and you are always home.

Safe Travels - Paul

Congrats on going fulltime!!! It is a wonderful lifestyle. We're on our 19th year and still love it. I think most of us make a whirlwind trip the 1st time/year out. We learned quickly to slow things down a bit but I really loved that 1st year a lot. Hope to see you on the road one day. Hugs, Di

Hi Everyone! I like this multiquote option - very nice. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I am all about warm welcomes so it's good to know I'm in a place that appreciates that. Kirk, you were first to get on board! I love being on time or early, way to go! ;) Yeah, I'm looking fwd to seeing my new "Address" in Texas, I'll have to get a Texas drawl.

Paul, when you say to take 2 lane roads this has to do with slowing down right? I think we will see more and be able to stop easier when on 2 lane roads. Hubby will do most of the driving so, I'll have to see if I can persuade him about that.

Di, 19 years! Wow! I would LOVE to "Run into you two!" ;) I'm looking fwd to chatting with you all and getting to know you. This is so much fun! And we haven't even left yet!

Welcome. Home is where we're parked. Presently in Marble Falls, Tx. Heading to Alaska in April going to spend the summer there then wander down to South Florida for next winter. I just hope the fuel prices stay reasonable.

Hi John, Thanks. Marble Falls sounds gorgeous! Maybe that will be something we see when we go to Texas. I like your smart plan of Alaska in summer and South Florida in winter! Hubby and I have been talking about where to do that.Yes, I love that the prices of fuel have been tumblin down! ;)

Hi All :rolleyes:

I am ideneh husband of Shulamite! I thought I would chime in as well.

I do plan on going the slow and easy way to Texas as was brought up here on the Forum. I have been RV'ing and tent camping since the 60's but not full time. My parents were bottle hunters and I used to climb the mountains in search of logging camps and history. Sometimes our collective hobbies would combine to some fantastic adventures in the mountains.

I am retiring after 21 years with the US Navy (military) and Army (civilian) as a GS-13 IT chief. In the Navy I was a motor rewinder, electrician and diesel mechanic. I look forward to meeting fellow RV folks on new adventures and get help taming Shulamite from visiting kids long enough to see the biggest frying pan in the world :P (if it is corny enough, I want to see it!)

Love on the Road with Wifey :wub:

IDeneh

I am ideneh husband of Shulamite! I thought I would chime in as well.

Welcome to you also! I love it when I meet couples who both share the love of RV travel and the excitement of whatever is over the next hill! Pam was a bit slower to come to the decision to go fulltime than I, but once that plan was set in motion there was no deterring her from getting out on the roads. We have been partners now for almost 3/4 of my life and had not age and health gotten in the way, we would still be fulltimers. Great to have you with us!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Rock on!!!!! I started fulltiming a couple months ago. I've been essentially waiting in NC/SC to settle some matters, then I'm heading out in 30 days for my first year. I hope to see you on the trails.

2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7L, 3.73, CC, DRW, 8' Bed, Reese Elite 25K, TST 507
2011 Carri Lite 36XTRM5, MORryde IS/ Pin Box, Hydraulic Jacks/ Brakes, 17.5" Wheels/ G114 Tires

Solar 960 watts, (2) 50amp controllers, 3,000 watt hybrid inverter/charger, 830 AH batt bank

WiFi Ranger Elite Pack; weboost Drive 4G-X

Archived