Yuma RV Parks, Expensive?

kathydavidb

We will be going to Yuma next week & would like to stay in an RV park. When checking RV park reviews, most parks are $175 - $240 a week. For just a little more we could do a month stay but the electric charges are .16 kwh.So I think we will do a month stay and just conserve our electric use so that isn't another $200 for the month. My question is, has any one stayed in an RV park in Yuma recently that they would reccommend? Thank you in advance, Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

You're going next month? Most people will be leaving because it will be starting to get warm - so figure you are going to be running the AC during the day. We stayed at Cocopah RV, which is on the west side. Nice golf course for 'seniors'. But it has been several years since we were in Yuma because we didn't find it to have enough for us to do.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Dave, we are currently staying at "Pioneer RV Park", Wellton, AZ, about 25 miles East of Yuma. The price is $295/mo + .16/kw Electric, or, weekly $140.00 including electric.

Nice park, it is adjoining to I-8, so a little highway noise is a problem. People are extremely nice, lots of Canadians. Only fought the war of 1812 once!

http://www.welltonrvpark.com/

Hope that helps.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Hi,

We just returned from Yuma. We stayed at Schecherts Family and Aquatics & Fitness Center. We enjoyed it nice friendly little park. Check their website gives you prices etc. Also check out Western Sands R.V Park.

Adobe Village R.V. Park

Sunset Palm R.V.Park

Sunridge R.V. Park

all owned by same company.We stayed at Western Sands and really enjoyed it as well.

You might try this on the west side.

Not fancy but OK when we stayed there in November.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/arizona/yuma/riverfront-rv-park

There are 2 parks next to each other. The first one is the one you want.

There's no pool but it's right on the river and they have a good clubhouse.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Dave and Kathy, we are in Western Sands for our 12th year. Monthly's are slowly becoming available as people are starting to move on. They have 2 daily's or weekly sites. $290 a month plus 16.5 cents KWH. Large sites, few amenities. If you come thru checking sites you may see vacant sites but if there is a shed on that site it may not be rented. If I can be of more help, just PM me.

We stayed for a couple months at the Arizona Sands last year at $410/mo + electric. Also Craigslist Yuma usually has several RV lots available that include utilities.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

You realize, of course, that there is an SKP park near Yuma with pretty reasonable rates ($100 a week or $350 a month): http://www.kofako-op.com/theretreat.htm

And 0.1325/kwh electricity.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

Barb, we wouldn't be going there this late except for the dental work I need to get done in Los Algodones, MX. Also with people leaving we thought we might get in to a nice park in the beginning of March, where earlier may have been a problem. Thanks for all the info. Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll check each one out. If it wasn't getting warm already I would just boondock. We don't want to sit out in the sun with temps. approaching upper 80's or low 90's. My RV gets warm inside quickly & we have a pet. Thanks again everyone, Dave.

We own an RV lot in the foothills area with two 50 amp hookups. Our friend who has been using the other hookup will be gone next week on a trip. If you wish to use that spot for 2 or 3 days while you explore the area and look for longer term accomodations, you are welcome. Send me a PM if that would help.

Incidentally, the Yuma weather forecast is that the highs will be back in the 70's next week with nighttime temps in the 50's.

Walkerl

Walker & Evelyn

2009 Volvo 780 I-Shift; 2011 38LK HitchHiker; 2011 Smart

Walker, Thank you for the offer. I'm planning on parking the RV & then going out exploring parks in the car. I appreciate your offer but hopefully won't need it. Thank you again, Dave.

There are a zillion RV parks around Yuma so you should find one you like. Good luck in your search!

Should you decide you would like hookups for a few days while you search just let me know.

Walkerl

Walker & Evelyn

2009 Volvo 780 I-Shift; 2011 38LK HitchHiker; 2011 Smart

Archived