Norcold 1200 with Amish Cooling Unit - No Longer Available

Smitty77_7

====== no longer available ========

With our expanded battery bank and solar panel system, we're having the Samsung fridge installed.

I have the OEM coach Norcold 1200. Coach built Sept of 2003, sold January 2004. First owner had under 13K miles on it. He bought the coach to go from San Diego to Fresno for Fresno State home football games! Very little usage up until we bought the rig about 4 years ago.

More Info:

-Country Coach Cherry Wood matching panels

-Amish Cooling Unit installed about 2 1/2 years ago

-Extra cooling fans for coils

-SS-30 Halon Extinguisher

Unit performs well, with temps staying proper at level 5 most of the time. Up to 6 in extreme heat/humid conditions.

I'm more interested in seeing what I consider a 'safe' LP/Electric combo fridge go to good use, then obtaining top dollar for it.

$400 is what I'd like for the above, or $350 and I'll keep the SS-30.

Temecula Valley RV in Murrieta, Southern California, is replacing our fridge for us. A shop that I've used, and trust.

Options for anyone that is interested:

1) Temecula Valley RV will hold the unit for up to four weeks for me. This allows a new owner to coordinate with them to pick it up, or work with them to install it for you. (Say from March 1st on.)

-- Or ---

2) New owner would arrange for shipping within a four week period. With costs of Temecula Valley RV to package, and shipping, and insurance (if wanted) to all be covered by new owner.

When available? Suspect it will be early March, as the new Samsung is coming from New York (Longshoreman slow down has dried up stock on the West Coast...). The severe weather is impacting the ability to ship the unit, thus my estimate that it will be 7-10 days before the Samsung is at TVRV.) Final dates on availability can be worked out between us. Suspect that if asked, Temecula Valley RV would remove the Norcold earlier for me, if tight buyers schedule requires this.

Sorry I do not have any pictures, but will be going up to Temecula Valley RV late next week, to provide more parts for other services. Can take a few pictures then, and email to anyone interested.

In March, I'll be putting this on the local Southern California Craigslist for $500. But wanted to let fellow Escapees in the area know about it, and save them some money. For an Escapee member of long standing, I'd also take four payments of $100 each over four months, if that would help on budget!

Best to all,

Smitty

http://www.pinesrvrefrigeration.com/component/djcatalog2/item/1-new-units/33-dutch-aire-pn1200

This replaces the suspect OEM Cooling Unit. It is of better quality, has more cooling capacity.

It's been two years or so now, but purchase-shipping-extra cooling fans-SS30 Halon Extinguisher-labor help on installing - about $1600 involved.

Norcold did a series of recalls to try and compensate for defective manufacturing of their cooling units that can and does result in fires. Each one was less then stellar, and replacement cooling units from Norcold had the same defect. So we decided to make these upgrades on our own.

Smitty

Archived