Description of Icons and Emoticons in forum

gypsydan

I see many tags and icons, but am unable to find where to interpret them.

- The closed lock to the left of a post is obvious.

- what does a star to the left of a post mean?

- What are the icons which look like small cell phones?

- etc.

I searched the help section and found nothing.

Thanks for any help.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

Mouse over them, many have a pop-up tool-tip.

A star or dot to the left means new content is available if you click it. Dot, you haven't posted there, star you have.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Mouse over them, many have a pop-up tool-tip.

A star or dot to the left means new content is available if you click it. Dot, you haven't posted there, star you have.

Thank you, Stanley. It would be nice if there was a help page listing all these little tidbits of info, and shortcuts, especially for newcomers.

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

It would be but this forum runs on IP Board software and I find it far less than helpful. I wasted 20 minutes on their site trying (link at bottom right corner) to find an index to stupid icons, no luck. Tried Google but got too much IP Board discussion and no icon help.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

It would be but this forum runs on IP Board software and I find it far less than helpful.

Which is no doubt one of the reasons that the new website which has been announced as coming soon will also include a completely new forum operation.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It would be but this forum runs on IP Board software and I find it far less than helpful. I wasted 20 minutes on their site trying (link at bottom right corner) to find an index to stupid icons, no luck. Tried Google but got too much IP Board discussion and no icon help.

I did the same thing you did, and had the same problem, which was why I made this post. It will be interesting to see what the new forum sight and software looks like. Any idea which software they will be using?

Are you referring to the little black rectangles icons that can be seen on some posts? If so, those are TAGS (they have a tiny hole at the top) and will be next to the words that have been tagged for that post by the OP.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Which is no doubt one of the reasons that the new website which has been announced as coming soon will also include a completely new forum operation.

Nice! Hopefully it will be using vBulletin. IMHO that is the gold standard for forums. Very, very customizable.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived