New Fulltimers

BrianM

I'm Brian and my wife is Barbara. We start our new life style this Thursday the 19th. when we pick up our new Keystone Sprinter. I've been reading the forums for quite some time and I'd just like to say Thank you for all of the useful information you good people have given me already. I look forward to learning from everybody here in the future. We will be heading to Texas for our first workamping job soon after the first of the month. I hope this post is in the correct place. Again Thank-you for all your help.

Brian and Barbara Mullins

2015 Keystone Sprinter 269RLS 5th. wheel

2003 F250

Welcome to the Escapee's RV Club and also to the forums! We are very happy that you have joined us here.

We are Texans and former fulltimers. If you share with us where you will be work-camping there may well be some Escapees who will be in that area and we do enjoy meeting our fellow SKP's! Comment or join in at any time and as often as you see fit.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Greetings and welcome!

I'm seriously looking at a Sprinter to FT in too, but a TT, not a FW as I need to use my truck bed to haul a couple motorbikes. I really like your floorplan and that wide body. I'm looking at the 331RLS (for its CCC) but prefer the new 319MKS if it has sufficient CCC for my needs (we'll see when the specs are published.)

Be sure and weigh your Sprinter loaded soon. I'm thinking about replacing the 15" wheels and running gear with some 16" wheels and 1,000lb /axle added carrying capacity, as I plan on adding a heavy solar boondocking set-up down the road.

I'm assuming you are looking at Texas as your Domicile state. Right now SD and TX are running neck and neck, for my domicile of choice. I prefer to call myself a Texan, but it will be a little more expensive than SD for me to do so. Availability of affordable health insurance may be the deciding factor, but I still have 3 1/2 yrs to decide, and a lot can change by then.

Chip

sushidog, we looked at so many different 5th.wheels it started to get confusing. We found the Sprinter 269 at the Atlanta RV show and finally decided this was the one for us. We are a little beyond motorbike age so no extra space issue there. Yes we are going to domicile in Texas. We've got the RV insurance, Escapees address, got health insurance on Saturday(nothing like waiting till the last minute). What's left? truck insurance, transfer titles, new DL's from Texas. Not sure if I'm missing anything, but will find out soon enough.

2003 F250

Brian, you are a year younger than me, so who knows what your future will hold concerning motorbikes, etc.? The ones we got are similar to the motorbike I had when I was 12 yrs. old! If you haven't had your mid-life crisis yet, I'd say you're overdue. ;) You're only as old as you feel, and as young as you can convince your DW that you are. B)

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Dylan Thomas

Chip

sushidog, I was hoping I was having my mid-life crisis with going fulltime but maybe there's still more to come. Hopefully I can still convince the DW there's still some good to come for us. I know I'm not ready for a rocking chair, but I also know I can't do a lot of what I use to do. Maybe I just need to change my hobbies.

2003 F250

Good luck on the wonkamping job. We'd love to follow your progress...my girlfriend is considering similar work while on the road. We wonder how flexible we can be as I understand many places require minimum time commitments--and understandably so. Enjoy the journey!

YoungFulltimers.com is dedicated to informing non-retired RVers who live on the road. This news-focused online publication should appeal to fulltimers of all ages.

Hopefully I can still convince the DW there's still some good to come for us. I know I'm not ready for a rocking chair, but I also know I can't do a lot of what I use to do. Maybe I just need to change my hobbies.

You are the very age that I was when we struck out to become fulltimers! The only way you could do this at a better time would be if you were to leave yesterday! It was one of the smartest moves that we ever made, and had it not been for Pam's health getting in the way, we would still be fulltime and we have far from stopped even so, just got a home-base once more for the medical breaks.

I do think that it is important that both of you agree to do this before you make the jump as both parties need to enjoy the life for it to work out well. We have seen cases where one of a couple convinced the other to try it and many of those do not last.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

I just started fulltiming. Divorced, single, almost certainly insane, but livin in my RV and heading out in 30 days for my first year's swath across the US. I hope to see you on the trails.

2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7L, 3.73, CC, DRW, 8' Bed, Reese Elite 25K, TST 507
2011 Carri Lite 36XTRM5, MORryde IS/ Pin Box, Hydraulic Jacks/ Brakes, 17.5" Wheels/ G114 Tires

Solar 960 watts, (2) 50amp controllers, 3,000 watt hybrid inverter/charger, 830 AH batt bank

WiFi Ranger Elite Pack; weboost Drive 4G-X

Hi I'm Lisa and my husband is Doug and we just sold our house in California and looking forward to becoming fulltimers. We just sold our house In California, bought a Chevy 3500 and I guess we'll leave here on the 23rd in search of our new home "fifthwheel". Our house sold in a couple of days ....30 day escrow and not had time to find what were going to live in. We are just so excited to be part of this fantastic group of people. Thanks for all the info you have given to us and we hope to meet up with some of you someday.

Welcome and thanks for posting.

It is fun to share your excitement.

Keep us updated with your experiences.

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

Welcome also from a "wanna be" full-timer from Texas and welcome to our great state!! After reading all these posts about folks hitting the trail I might have to push up my time frame a little!!!! Awful hard to contain the excitement when I think about exploring our great country!!!

Archived