Switching to G-Mail from Juno

hanknjoycew

I have used Juno e-mail for 25 years because it is simple and has computer-based/offline capability much like AOL. But lately it has become a hassle for a number of reasons (corrupted email; e-mails somehow flagged for deletion..) If I switch to G-Mail is there any way to easily "port over" all the e-mails I have in Juno folders? Or should I simply delete whatever I can and then send the rest to my gmail account (one at a time?...ouch).

Hank

SKP 67414

2005 Mandalay 40B DP

2012 Honda CRV

Hank & Joyce

2019 Phoenix Cruiser 3100

2012 Honda CRV

Are you able to access Juno using IMAP or POP to get to your mail? Gmail will usually import if you have either available.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

When I switched email accounts from northern VA (@cox.net) to south Texas (@gmail.com), I simply forwarded each email that I wanted to keep to the new address. You should be able to capture your entire inbox and archive files at one time.

I then just put an "auto-forward" on the cox.net email account. When I replied, as necessary, the reply would come from gmail.com.

I included a statement (part of the signature set-up in the Gmail account) that asked them to please update my contact info with the new email address.

The "auto-forward" worked very well and, after about six months, I deleted the cox.net account.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Archived