KUDOS to a Blue Ox dealer

Scion Gypsy

I just want to give some KUDOS to Blue Ox and one of their dealers. I bought a motorhome recently and it came with a Blue Ox tow bar and much of the associated parts. I only needed a base plate and wiring kit for my 2009 Scion xB.

I looked it up the installation on line and saw that it was not a simple bolt on for my car as it required removal of the front fascia and some cutting with a power saw, so I quickly decided it was a job for the professionals.
I contacted Blue ox by email and they referred me to their dealer in my area (Hitch and Weld of Naples, Naples FL). They are also the only dealer in the area without going to the East coast or up to Ft. Meyers so I was a little leery I was just getting a name. I also bought my base plate and wiring kit at the recent Tampa RV show from the Blue Ox exhibitor booth--it was discounted and included free shipping to my home. I was wondering if the local dealer wasn't going to be too happy I was bringing my own parts.
Needless to say they were very pleasant to work with and very professional. Hitch and Weld of Naples is a Man, wife and son business that has been around a long time. Not only is the installation job very professional looking it was much cheaper than the quotes I got from some places in the Tampa area (almost 50% less in one instance) and it is the labor charges. The owner dealt with me and he was very helpful telling me to call him any time if I have any questions.

So, if you are in south FL or close enough you want to see Naples or lay on the beach when you are having some work done, I think you will find the drive for your anything towing, trailer or hitch needs well worth the drive. If you live near here, this is a good company to do business with!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Archived