Volvo door rust

bigredhdt

I've never seen that in all the Volvo's I've seen in the yard. But the right way would be to plate & spot weld the door bottom. It's smooth and easy to get it right for someone who does this. If it's that common, you can probably find a patch-panel available.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Body shop replaced the metal and rust proofed then I was 'instructed' to mind the drains .I will watch and see how it holds up and then let them do the other door .

A well known issue ,Gregg Shields calls it a design flaw,he looked at my door and declared it a good job - time will tell , however I don't drive in the salt season anymore.

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

Up here unless the truck is new I don't think you can find a Volvo without rust on at least one of the doors.

Mine has been blistered for the last two and a half years but not rusted through. I have had the truck sprayed with Krown the last two years and that has held it a bay. Truck is in for a deck build right now and he will fix the door at the same time. Since I don't have holes I think mine can be sandblasted and filled. One of the guys I worked with had some polished stainless steel strips about 2 inch made to go along the bottom of the doors and along the bottom edge of the sleeper. I am not sure what he used for glue but it did look quite smart on the black truck.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Mine was "repaired" by the local Volvo dealer (who does great work BTW). A few years later it came back. I asked about a replacement door and they said "Oh that is real expensive. Just hang on a while".

On day they called me and said "We have a truck that was rolled over onto the right side. The insurance is replacing the whole cab. The only thing any good is the left door. It is orange and we will need to paint it. Do you want it?"

That is how I fixed mine.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Same problem. Looked into scrap yard doors but every one stated they had rust. Only the very newest were in good shape and the price went from about 200 to 800.

Looking into having them sandblasted and filled and painted.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Archived