Shocks

mobilcastle

We had about 500 miles on our 05 Win Journey when we replaced ours with new Road Kings. Made a big difference in the ride and handling.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

When carrying the loads we do, I change them out to something more suited almost immediately. I have a low tolerance for poor vehicle handling when I know it can be better with a simple upgrade.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

I had 58,000 miles probably around 40,000 miles towing on my 2011 with the original shocks on and the ride was still fine. Do your truck bounce?

When carrying the loads we do, I change them out to something more suited almost immediately. I have a low tolerance for poor vehicle handling when I know it can be better with a simple upgrade.

Some bounce not a lot. I agree it is time to change them to get better handling. I have been looking at Bilstein (yellow 46MM) series. Anyone used these or others you liked?

Thanks for the answers

The Bilstein line it a quality shock, but it's too soft for an unloaded vehicle in my opinion and way soft for a load. The 4600 series(yellow) are the softer than the 5100 series (silver).

I would recommend a look at the KYB Monomax. I like these better and they are usually a few bucks cheaper.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

Archived