Package pick up

dennisvr

Were do you have packages that you order on line shipped to when your on the road? I would like to make an order on Amazon and not sure were the best place to have it shipped to while I'm on the road. I will be here at Lake Havasu City for another 4 weeks so shouldn't have a problem there.

So what do the experts suggest?

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

If you're in a RV park, the office should accept them or have an address you can use. We have also used General Delivery at the local post office in a small town, and have "Borrowed" an address with the real owners permission and had items shipped to their house with us picking up the items on the delivery day. A UPS store or other shipping type store can probably help you. We have even had a local Ace Hardware accept packages for us.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We have found Amazon Prime to be a good investment as many items we order are Prime items including things like solar panels and with Prime we get 2 day delivery and tracking. If you're in an RV Park most will accept shipments and many right to the door of your RV as long as you include your site number in the address.

We always have packages sent to us where ever we are if stopped for a significant period of time. Last summer we had things shipped to the office of the state park where we were hosting. We even had prescriptions temporarily sent there to save forwarding postage and time. If you don't have an address which things can be delivered to, you can have either UPS or FedEx ship with a "hold for pickup" order and a phone number to have them call when it arrives. We have done then many times in different locations. If it is to be sent by US Postal Service, then have it sent to your location and General Delivery.

If you are in a commercial RV park, they should have an address that will accept packages for you?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We are boondocking so no CG address. I searched and found a UPS store and will stop by and talk with then. The other thing I thought about "as was mentioned" was to have ups or fedex hold the package and I would pick it up, but I'll have to research it to find out how to put that on my order.

I've got to know the camp host here pretty good and he has a friend in town and I was able to use their address for some parts I needed for my hot water heater, but I don't want to burden them any more. The other thing I noticed was that it took about 5 days before Amazon processed the order for shipment. I wonder if that was because the bill to and ship to addresses were different and they were checking it out.

Dennis

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Our delivery address is never the same as our billing address with Amazon, and it has not seemed to hold up any of our orders. But it you are ordering something that is not being "fulfilled" by Amazon, but rather by one of their third-party vendors, you may see a delay due to the third parties pace of doing business.

We are finding ourselves ordering more and more from Amazon and have just joined Amazon Prime. The two-day shipping has helped a lot with predictability of when things arrive. No more "Smart Post" or whatever they call it!!!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

The two-day shipping has helped a lot with predictability of when things arrive. No more "Smart Post" or whatever they call it!!!

If only that were true. We have had Prime for going on 3 years now, and Amazon still uses that on some smaller items. The bright spot there is that when it doesn't arrive in the 2 business days from shipping time frame, I complain, and they extend my prime membership for a month.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

If only that were true. We have had Prime for going on 3 years now, and Amazon still uses that on some smaller items. The bright spot there is that when it doesn't arrive in the 2 business days from shipping time frame, I complain, and they extend my prime membership for a month.

Good to know. I'll keep an eye on that!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

What is an Amazon Locker????

Drop-off locations that you can pick your package up from:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200689010

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

If you order a "Prime" eligible item on a Friday afternoon, chances are it will not ship until Monday afternoon, if there is a federal holiday in there then add a day. If the weather has been bad anywhere along the shipping route, add extra time. If we're ordering several items, I try to order on Sunday evening, so we can have the items on Tuesday-Wednesday at best.

If you order a non-Prime item, that ships from an independent location, you can usually Google the company and talk to the sales rep or shipping dept and change or update your address if needed.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We use Amazon a lot and most of what is shipped in "Prime". One confusion I have found and have not cleared up in my mind is when UPS or Dedex delivers a pkg to the USPS for delivery I am of the belief the Amazon says it has been "delivered" even though it hasn't reached you yet. Not sure on this but it seemed to work that way.

Drop-off locations that you can pick your package up from:

About Amazon Locker

Amazon Locker provides you with a self-service delivery location to pick up and return your Amazon.com packages. Lockers are currently available in a variety of locations throughout the U.S.

Instead of delivering a package to your home or business address, you can select an Amazon Locker location and pick up your package at a time that's convenient for you. Once your package is delivered to the Amazon Locker, you'll receive an e-mail notification with a unique pick-up code that includes the address and opening times for your selected Locker location.

When you arrive to collect your package, enter your pick-up code or scan the barcode using the barcode scanner and follow the instructions on the screen.

All packages delivered to Amazon Locker locations must be picked up within three business days. If you're not able to collect your package within this timeframe, the package will be returned to us for a refund.

In playing with the "Locker Finder" program, I have found that while lockers seem to be common in populated areas, they frequently not available in the more rural locations.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We use Amazon a lot and most of what is shipped in "Prime". One confusion I have found and have not cleared up in my mind is when UPS or Dedex delivers a pkg to the USPS for delivery I am of the belief the Amazon says it has been "delivered" even though it hasn't reached you yet. Not sure on this but it seemed to work that way.

Thinking back, I believe you are correct. In theory, it should go out for delivery that same day. However, the USPS being what it is, that is not always true.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived