Feedback on Motorized Bicycle Setup

bmzero

Leaning is funner. Headed for Big Bend/Ft. Davis next week to play.

Here's a pic of our truck with bikes and ramp in the back at Big Bend, Chisos Basin.

They are perfect for touring the park with its 45 MPH speed limit. It is huge, with lots of twists and turns with a many badly rutted dirt roads only suitable for a 4WD or a light weight motorbike.

If you stay at Davis Mt. State Park, it's fun to ride all the way to the top of the mountain and down the other side. At nearly 100 mpg, there's no cheaper way to sightsee too. Who's going to pedal a bicycle 100 + miles around Big Bend, through the hot desert and up and down steep mountains too? Not my DW and I at our age, that's for sure!

91jaeh.jpg

Indeed It's hard for me to get excited about a vehicle that leans the wrong way in a turn.

Chip

Last time we were at Big Bend, we followed a dually at 70+ mph through the park. I mentioned to a ranger that it seemed they were "forgiving" on the speed limit. He just smiled and said to have fun, but be safe.

I won't be doing many of the gravel roads on the CBR-XX.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived