Got my e-ticket, I'm ready to go NOW

We got ours today also! I started prepping the trailer last week. Been doing some modifications of cabinets as a result of our 5 month stay in it last summer and taking care of the annual maintenance. I made an appointment for the trailer at the dealer for a presummer check up and plan to de-winterize it next week. Highs have been in the 70's here and we are itching to get on the road. Planning to head west about March 1.

See you all in Tucson! :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Bob,

Glad you reminded me. I'm in the process of becoming an EX motorcyclist after nearly 50 years of riding.

All part of the Full Time Plan!

Your comment was the trigger to change my profile picture and signature.

Barbara now has 58 days to retirement and I have 114.

Thanks and see you there!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Just printed it all out today and I have a question. OK, were signed out for Electric and Water and it makes sense to arrive with empty tanks(no brain-er) but it also says to show up with full water......if that's the case for those who have E/W sites, I'm kinda confused but I'm guessing its a generic statement? I was thinking of getting into Tucson a day or two earlier to be sure were empty and fill.....maybe/maybe not...just don't want to miss the parking portal on Friday.

See ya all soon!

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

Big D,

Yes, arriving with a full water tank is a generic statement in hopes of providing a quick and efficient parking experience by not having to be diverted to a dump and fill station.

Thanks and look forward to meeting you at Escapade,

Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

We are ready to go to the Escapade but the weather here in NW TN is holding us back. Bummer!! Oil changed , lube, filters changed, winterized. All I had to do was de-winterized and air up tires. And take off.

But the bad weather has us stranded in our own RV parking spot behind our house until the weather warms a bit and stays there for at least a day.

Our drive way is about 400 feet long packed gravel with ice and snow packed hard on it. Our country road leading to the County Rd. is the same only worse. It Leads two miles from our house and is full of icy curves , grades, etc. Nuff of this.

We do have a plan to get out of here but it would mean arriving at the fairground after our two early days there. I Do not know if they will hold our reserved, paid for, spot for us.

May require wrecker service to pull us off this country roan onto the marked County Rd.

So, in the meantime I going to straighten out the storage basement and make sure all my drain hoses and electrical

supplies are in order, and handy.

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

We are ready to go to the Escapade but the weather here in NW TN is holding us back. Bummer!! Oil changed , lube, filters changed, winterized. All I had to do was de-winterized and air up tires. And take off.

I know that feeling! We are in east TX and plan to head that way on March 1. I am scheduled to have a few minor things done at our dealer's shop on a "while we wait" basis on Monday morning and now the weather man is saying that we may have freezing rain on Sunday night! I am enlisting all of my friends and neighbors here to pray for warm weather! :huh:

I know that feeling! We are in east TX and plan to head that way on March 1. I am scheduled to have a few minor things done at our dealer's shop on a "while we wait" basis on Monday morning and now the weather man is saying that we may have freezing rain on Sunday night! I am enlisting all of my friends and neighbors here to pray for warm weather! :huh:

I have a window on fri. 27 to do outside work on BUS and on sat.28 to dewin. then move out . But it is a small window.

We will be hitting I24 in DFW or Jackson, Ms. depending on the weather. Jackson is the long way around but I don't want to drive through a storm if I can miss it.

See you at the ESCAPADE!

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

We will be hitting I24 in DFW or Jackson, Ms. depending on the weather. Jackson is the long way around but I don't want to drive through a storm if I can miss it.

I suspect that you mean I-20? If you go via Jackson you will pass about a mile north of our house! We plan to take I-20/1-10 when we go out and then stop at Tra-Park, Dream Catcher, and then Saguaro on our way.

If there are going to be a ton of us on the road about then, what's the protocol for contacting other rigs on the road?

I have the antenna and CB ready to install on my rig this week and we have FRS sets.

I've seen wording on the back of a rig that said "We monitor CB Channel 13"

Is that an "RV channel of choice?"

My motorcycle group always used to use Channel 1 as their primary channel with 40 as the backup.

Do people even use CB anymore? In my experience channel 19 is mostly either dead or full of truckers in "Full Flow".

The newbies want to know!!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

I think having your CB(if you have one) on during the off hours of the Rally is a Great idea and when arriving. It would make for an easy way to share idea's and thought's about your day. I plan on using FRS between the wife and myself....I'm sure she'll want to do and see different things than I do and we'll still be able to stay in contact without digging out the cell phone.

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

I suspect that you mean I-20? If you go via Jackson you will pass about a mile north of our house! We plan to take I-20/1-10 when we go out and then stop at Tra-Park, Dream Catcher, and then Saguaro on our way.

You are right. I mis spoke. Had l24 on my mine. We will be hitting I20 either in DFW or Jackson and connecting with I10. That is if we can get to the numbered county rd. From the looks of the weather Jackson will be best bet.

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

Total newbie here and headed in early for RV 101. I'll be staying at Prince of Tucson on 3/4 so I can fill/empty in order to be ready to boondock, then heading to RV 101 early on 3/5. Really glad it's finally here! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Maureen
1994 Fleetwood Southwind 31'
Chevy 454 Forward Control Chassis

"Enough is as good as a feast."~Mary Poppins

Weather even an issue here in South Texas! Planning to leave Tuesday and attending Boot Camp. MH getting serviced now, but i keep waffling on de-winterizing. Snow forecast north of us in San Antonio today (in the Hill Country). I am ready for this crazy winter to be over!

BTW, Kirk, our daughter and family live in McKinney, TX and they are getting cabin fever after several days homebound due to weather!

Safe travels to all!

TX Newbie

2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH

2012 CR-V Toad

Well, I will make you feel good with my travel plans. Friday morning I will hook up

the Honda and drive straight thru. Of course being in Mesa, Az for the winter means I will pull into the fairgrounds,

well imagine that, I guess Friday morning. See you all there.

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

Archived