Sign in to follow this  
lhowemt

Removing undercabinet coffee maker

Hi All- We got our new to us Class C last fall. Over the winter I am outfitting it for our needs. One thing we don't need is an AC coffee maker. We won't camp where there is electricity and likely rarely run the generator. We prefer coffee made on the stove. So I'd like to get this spacemaker thing out. I have searched around and can't find how to remove it. I lifted the false floor in the cabinet above, and the mounting screws come from below. Hmmm. So somehow I need to unclip the machine from the installation bracket and then remove the bracket. But I can't figure out how to get the machine out. any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Laura

No, it is really old, probably original to 1998. Basically a square box with a sliding switch for on/off. I like the mirror idea, I will try it!

At one time, back in the day, many RVs had under-cabinet coffee makers (and quite a few had built in counter-top blenders). The DW's parents, RVers for decades until recently, removed the under-cabinet coffee maker from one of their many RVs and installed it in their then new home in the early 1990s. They didn't drink coffee but relatives (coughUScough) did. Until last October we were probably the only people who actually brewed coffee on this cast-off RV coffee maker.

They just moved into their new place and had to buy a coffee maker just for us.

I'm not sure they'd remember how they removed it, though. But I bet most RV manufacturers used the same model as the one you're looking to remove. I know Winnebago had them (because that's what the DW's parents always bought) so maybe ask at a Winnebago dealer.

WDR

I removed the one in my Weekend Warrior not too many years ago. I don't remember it being extremely difficult. There will be some sort of a latch holding the unit to a mounting plate secured to the bottom of your cabinet. IF you won't be using the coffee maker after you remove it just make sure it's an empty as possible, remove anything loose and then just pull until the latch breaks or it just comes out. You will them probably find 3 to 4 screws holding the mounting plate to the cabinet. Hopefully they will just come out and you are done. I believe I had to remove a small piece of my "cubby hole to get to the nuts of the screws they used in mine. There was a false bottom in the cupboard above allowing for the screws and nuts and the electrical cord. Hope that helps.

Rod

We had one by Black & Decker in our motorhome and we loved it. We would have put one in our current TT if there were a good location for it but they are also difficult to find today. The one that we had was on two plastic rails that were mounted to the bottom of the cabinet framework. To release the coffee maker you had to reach up behind it and release the latches. There was a small space between the rear of it and the outside wall. Once released it slid forward off of the rails and the rails were mounted to the underside of the cabinet.

Just a tip. I've searched everywhere for the under-cabinet models. They don't make them anymore. If it still works, you might want to sell it on craigslist or ebay. They are pretty pricey used - as it still seems there is a niche market for them.

We had one by Black & Decker in our motorhome and we loved it. We would have put one in our current TT if there were a good location for it but they are also difficult to find today. The one that we had was on two plastic rails that were mounted to the bottom of the cabinet framework. To release the coffee maker you had to reach up behind it and release the latches. There was a small space between the rear of it and the outside wall. Once released it slid forward off of the rails and the rails were mounted to the underside of the cabinet.

I will try this, along with a mirror if need be. It is in a corner so hopefully it will be kind of easy. Thanks!

Well that was so easy it was almost disappointing. I couldn't read the model with a mirror, so I stuck my phone back up there and took a few pictures. Model 150. Removal instructions: Lift up on the back while pulling forward. It was so silly! Removed the brackets, and ran a pot of water through it. It made it hot and held it hot. It looks like I have a unit to sell. Anyone interested before I post it?