Branson, MO

aunut

We've never been there, but are planning a trip for sometime this spring.

Any suggestions about a nice RV park with large roomy 50A sites with cable (or, if not, an open sky view for satellite). Doesn't have to be in the downtown area, but not too far out. Price is not really a concern because this is our vacation and want something nice.

I've heard some areas are a pretty steep climb with questionable level sites.

Thanks

Outdoor Resorts of the Ozarks is about half way between Branson and Eureka Springs, the two biggest vacation destinations in the area. About 30-40 minutes out. Quiet and out of the crush but close enough to see both. It's the only 5 star RV resort in the area with its own 9 hole golf course, two pools, club house, activities, tennis, pickle ball, private boat dock and right on Table Rock Lake. We used to keep our Teton there in the summer.

Mike

Outdoor Resorts of the Ozarks is about half way between Branson and Eureka Springs, the two biggest vacation destinations in the area. About 30-40 minutes out. Quiet and out of the crush but close enough to see both. It's the only 5 star RV resort in the area with its own 9 hole golf course, two pools, club house, activities, tennis, pickle ball, private boat dock and right on Table Rock Lake. We used to keep our Teton there in the summer.

Mike

I saw this one online, but it looked like they might try to sell you a site while you are staying there. Is that true?

Should the Escapee park be full, there is also a park right on the lake and just blocks from downtown Branson. We have friends who like it but the park looks pretty much like a parking lot to me.

Kirk,

I saw this one online. It seems very convenient, but does look like a parking lot. It also looks like the sites are a little too close together.

There are some lots for sale at Outdoor Resorts but no pressure to sell them. If you like the place and are interested ask and they will show you what is available. If you just want to visit and enjoy the facilities that's great.

We have owned a share of the resort for more than 10 years but, sadly can't use it any longer, so we just let friends use it and put it in the rental pool.

It is the prettiest resort in the area but it isn't cheap.

Mike

There are some lots for sale at Outdoor Resorts but no pressure to sell them. If you like the place and are interested ask and they will show you what is available. If you just want to visit and enjoy the facilities that's great.

We have owned a share of the resort for more than 10 years but, sadly can't use it any longer, so we just let friends use it and put it in the rental pool.

Mike

Thanks. Sounds nice. I just didn't want to EVER sit through another time share or sales pitch. Looks like no cable, but it also appears open enough for satellite reception. Price is no problem. Like I said, this is our vacation.

Should the Escapee park be full, there is also a park right on the lake and just blocks from downtown Branson. We have friends who like it but the park looks pretty much like a parking lot to me.

Agreed, Kirk. I stayed in that city park one night. Very convenient to pleasant surroundings, but the park itself is indeed lacking in "ambience," and I thought a bit on the expensive side for such tight quarters. I believe it is municipally owned.

I am going in late May for a week and I will be staying at the Branson Lakeside RV Resort because it is very close to were my meetings will be, walking distance to the Hilton's

on the lake near old town. It is a very nice RV park. If I could, I would stay at Escapees.

• 1 month later...

Mike

Just reserved for a week in May. Is it much trouble getting there through the Ozarks in a gas coach towing a toad (from Little Rock)?

Archived