Travelroute Ideas wanted: Florida Daytona Beach 6-8 Weeks Roundtrip

hbrand

I have a 30feet 5th wheel and F250. We are planing to leave Florida about May 2015 for a 6-8 week vacation trip going up North.

We like the Outdoors, Nature, State and Federal Parks. Our Age is 62.

My question is if someone here has taken a similar trip, loved it and would like to

share some of the locations, parks and roads.

Also willing to buy Books etc.

Greetings, Harold

I usually cover as many miles as I can per day when leaving Florida. Always have a job I need to get to before the last paycheck runs out. I did spend some time in Chattanooga visiting the local attractions. My friends from Iowa sort of meander where ever they go stay on the two lane roads and stop when the see something. Usually pull into parking lots of churches or schools for the night unless they need water or need to drain some tanks. There are books about Boondocking that have friendly locations. It all depends on what you are comfortable with, or maybe the better half.

Rod

ps welcome to the forum.

Here are some websites that will help you find things to see and do just about anywhere in the USA.

Road Trippers

Excellent resource all in one spot, thanks for taking the time to post here.

We have done the factory tours on several occasions, many are free.

We also had the book "Roadfood" as we love to eat out and especially at mom and pop's not chains. They now have a website: http://www.roadfood.com/

We take our time eating and found many people like to chat in restaurants and share tips and tricks to enjoy their community.

Archived