Niacin for MERSA?

I received an e-mail from the Alternative Medicine BOF regarding Niacin for MERSA. With the headlines regarding the increase of illness spread in hospitals these days and the over use of antibiotics catching up with us I thought it was too good to be true and it still may be but was interesting reading.

Here is a link to the result of the Google Search Niacin for MERSA

If any of you are interested in receiving info on Alternative Medicine here is the info for the BOF

Alternative Medicine BOF

Escapees BOF (Birds of a Feather) groups are comprised of people who share a common interest. In order to belong to a BOF, one must be a member in good standing of the Escapees RV Club.

Topical and special-interest issues.

Newsletter is not limited only to herbs, vitamins, dietary ideas, natural healing and attaining and maintaining our health. All sorts of interesting things pop up. Take what you want, leave what you want, but always become better educated and try to be aware of what the other side is thinking. Special arrangements could be made for printed copies. Please send your email address to me at rotorns@aol.com. Please include BOF or Escapees in the subject line.
For more information, please contact:

E-Mail: rotorns "at" aol.com

Mailing address:
Carol Torns
see above link

I recently read, somewhere, that Oil of Oregano is also good for fighting Mersa. Read it as I was researching uses for Oil of Oregano. I have no idea which website I was on at the time.

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I recently read, somewhere, that Oil of Oregano is also good for fighting Mersa. Read it as I was researching uses for Oil of Oregano. I have no idea which website I was on at the time.

Interesting, found this on the benefits of Oregano in general and for MERSA:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/01/oregano-health-benefits.aspx

2. Antifungal, Antibacterial, and May Even Kill MRSA

Carvacol and thymol, two phytochemicals in oregano, are powerful antimicrobials. Research has shown essential oils from oregano may kill the foodborne pathogen Listeria and the superbug MRSA (making it a useful addition to hand soaps and disinfectants)According to one of the researchers involved in the MRSA studyStudies have also found essential oils of oregano to be useful against certain Candida species.

"We have done a few preliminary tests and have found that the essential oil from the oregano kills MRSA at a dilution 1 to 1,000. The tests show that the oil kills MRSA both as a liquid and as a vapor and its antimicrobial activity is not diminished by heating in boiling water."

Archived