Google Maps just stops.

lappir

Has anyone else had an issue with using Google Maps for directions on their Smartphone only to have it quit before you arrive to your destination? It's not bad in the car or truck. I can just click a couple things and get it back on, but on my motorcycle I have to stop, remove my gloves enter the access code to the phone and then hit the couple buttons. I have CoPilot, but with the google maps I can just say where I want to go and it comes up. With CoPilot I have to find the exact place, (it's google search is worthless).

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Has anyone else had an issue with using Google Maps for directions on their Smartphone only to have it quit before you arrive to your destination?

Yes! I found that it happened when I got a call. Not saying this is the only reason, but it does always drop when I get a call. Since my phone has multi-screen capability (Galaxy S4), I have learned to open Maps in its own screen which keeps it from dropping for a call. Caution: On my phone, at least, that eats up battery rather quickly, so I keep the phone plugged in.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Wouldn't that make Copilot faster since you don't have to stop, remove gloves etc?

Maybe, if I could find the place I wanted to go to. It's usually when I am somewhere and decide I need to find something else. I ask google, she shows me the place and the directions and all is good until i lose the map. Going into CoPilot and asking the same question using "Google Search" get's nothing most of the time. Not sure why.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We haven't had it stop, but we have had it take us to the wrong address. Once it took us to where the address would be if south, when the address was north and another it took us west, when there was no west addresses on that street. At that point we went back to our Garmin. ;)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes! Very irritating.

Make sure you have the most recent app updates. That sometimes helps.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

I have had that issue and also the issue of wrong directions on the smart phone. I always

go to the Good Sam website and use the plan a trip feature to plot a course and then plot it on a map

and when we get ready to go we use the smart phone to plot directions and if they agree with what Good Sam

and the map said we follow them. If not, we will follow Good Sam's directions. I will not completely trust the GPS on the smart phone. Good Luck

Archived