Automatic levelers

Gypsy Traveler

This is from the Quadra website, each hydraulic cylinder is capable of lifting 17,000 pounds.

"Equipped with the biggest baddest jacks around, choose from four or six of our quality hydraulic cylinders capable of lifting up to 17,000 lbs each, Run the system with the wireless key fob & LED control panel, this system offers "auto-reconnect mode" which memorizes the exact position the trailer was in when unloading from the truck with the press of a button. Also features fully-automatic leveling & manual control.
This system also qualifies for the Lifetime Warranty on Cylinders."

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I saw an all Electric level up 6 jacks, on the New Jayco Pinnacles at the Tampa RV show. No Hyd on any of the Jaycos according to rep?? Syst was by Lippert. Had manual adjustable pinned legs on each jack.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

I saw an all Electric level up 6 jacks, on the New Jayco Pinnacles at the Tampa RV show. No Hyd on any of the Jaycos according to rep?? Syst was by Lippert. Had manual adjustable pinned legs on each jack.

The first Pinnacle we looked at had the electric jacks, it was a 2014. The Pinnacle we bought is a 2012 with nothing. My husband called the Bigfoot dealer in town and told them the trailer we're buying and what system the dealer has and wants to install (electric and starts with an 'A'. The Bigfoot guy said the electric system would be just fine for our trailer set up. Hmmmmm. Okay......I guess we're going with electric.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

When we plain wore our Power Plus Levelers out in 2009 {because we are fulltimers and always on the move}, we had the 4 point Big Foot Leveling system installed that fall. We have never been sorry for this decision. When they came out with the control panel upgrade kit with the key fob, we added that and what a bonus. The system was good before but the key fob is priceless. Push a button and let it level itself. It will also remember your hitch height so that when you back your truck in when you are ready to leave, it will be level. IF for some reason you have to manual level, this feature won't work but only for that one time. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

Mine has 6 point electric, works good but maybe a little slower than hydraulic, but there is stuff to do while it's leveling anyway, good so far.

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

Dutch, the level up system is also one button push leveling and has the return to hookup level as well. They are both good systems and it depends on what you prefer. In the end, this is a Ford vs Chevy debate unless you are going electric which is slower.....in that case you must be a Chrysler fan.....:)

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

The people at Quadra (Bigfoot) are wonderful to deal with. We had an issue on a Sunday evening, made a call to tech support, left a voicemail and got a callback within 20 minutes. Turned out, we had an issue with the control panel. (BTW...Quadra no longer uses that particular panel) Their tech support stayed on the phone with me for over 25 minutes troubleshooting and developing a workaround. The next day, they express-shipped a new board to a PO along our route.

Given the choice, I'd choose a hydraulic system over an electric. Given a choice, I'd choose the Bigfoot over any other brand. One huge advantage is the Bigfoot's ability to raise the entire coach (ours weighs 21,000+) completely off the ground. Makes tire-changing, brake work, etc... a breeze.

Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

My electric system will also raise off the ground when operated manually, no oil reservoirs no lines to blow no cylinders to leak or settle,

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

I have had the Bigfoot, on a KZ Escalade toy hauler, and currently have the Lippert and consider both to be equal as far as ease of use and reliability. I've had no problems with either one and both were able to lift the camper off of the ground. My current camper, Mobile Suites, weighs over 23,000 lbs. and the Lipperts work fine.

2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/ Hydra Lift motorcycle lift, MorRyde IS suspension, MorRyde hitch pin

2013 Ford F450 w/ Trailer Saver air hitch

2011 BMW R1200RT motorcycle

Hi, I have the LCI 6 point, I also have two 6 ton jack stands under the front that I call my LIPPERT SUPPORT!
BobQ :angry:

Bob and Snookie Quinn

2006 F-550 CC Custom Bed

2012 Mobile Suite 38 Rssb3

Fulltiming it!! SKP#96210

30 years Retired USARMY

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the Lippert 4 point system installed by factory techs at the Quartzsite AZ RV show. Outstanding installers, decent price. Love them so far. Now the only thing we argue about when setting up is who gets to push the button. :P

David & Sandi
2010 Silver Fox 29 5T
2011 Silverado 3500HD Crew, SB, SRW
Duramax, 6 spd Allison
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000

We purchased a 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel today. We are going to have the auto levers installed and just finance it with the trailer. I have Fibromyalgia and my husband has a couple issues so we want an easy time of things. All your input helps tremendously. My husband is worried about the 4 versus 6 point system and hydraulic versus electric. I think the RV place does the 4 point electric system. We're in Boise and I think only 2 places install these.

Congratulations on your new (to you) 5th wheel. Perfect timing for your thread... been wondering about the merits of having an auto-level system. Sounds like most have found that to be a very convenient option. Good luck and safe travels.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived