Brake/lights cord

GlennWest

Well after 8 years full timing I finally yanked out the cord. I unhooked it from truck but had more of my mind on the angle I was hooked up at wondering if hitch would come off easily. Ground was wet, no concrete, and would tear up ground to straighten up. Cord was behind that Texas Steer ornament I have in trailer hitch. Snatched it right out of there. Noticed though how much neater it looks without it rolled up around pin. Considering putting a disconnect at the hitch. Anyone done or seen this?

Never saw it done, but do not see a problem. I have a dual plug cord on my toad so the cord does not have to remain connected to the car or motor home and figuring my Motor Home as your truck and my car as your trailer it should be doable. You would just have to figure out how to mount a female connector on the trailer and make up a cord with double male plugs for the connection between the two vehicles. I would go for it.

Using the commercial plugs and heavier cord (ABS Green). I've done that. I figure with 1M+ semi's out there with a double plug, why not.

Because mine is "different" I have 2 other cords, one to pull your trailer (my comm to your Bargman plug), and one for you to my trailer (Bargman to my comm on the trailer) I've tested these, but they are more insurance plugs that are just coiled up and tucked away.

I like the larger size wire in the commercial cord - 1-8, 2-10, 4-12's, and the current carrying capacity that it offers, and strength. And the comm plugs, They seem to hold up much better than the Bargmans

Archived