Why Work / How long will it last

TrapperBob

I have had as much as ninety percent of my 403b retirement account funds in stock mutual funds and as I got to age 55 I started putting

all of my contributions in mutual bond funds. Currently my retirement funds are 40% bond mutual funds and 60% split between four different

stock mutual funds. I can't see a future were 50% of my retirement funds are not in stocks no matter how old I live to be. Two % return will not do for us.

We began our retirement experience in 2006.We began planning 10 years before that date. We had a plan to pay down bills free ourselves from credit card debt and a savings plan. We were fortunate in that most of the plan worked. Except for a 401K that we do not use for income we divested our selves of all investments. We live and travel on our combined pensions small savings We do work at Disneyworld two or three days a week during our winter stay. we do not have to work to maintain our retirement but do it because we choose to. Our Winter combined income is between 6 and 8K per season Gross. That income is considered discretionary income and is used for Rv upgrades, whatever. We really have no set budget. We are not fugal but not big spenders.

Upon retirement we were no longer in a income earning mode but a retirement and spending what we were fortunate enough to acquire mode.

We worked 37 and 33 years respectively before retirement and we intend to enjoy it.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived