Female veteran shamed for parking in veterans-only spot

RV_

That's what I said - RV is a HE

Uhh, guess I need eyeballs more than I thought.. sorry.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

This really needs to be put to rest. Fact is, she's a veteran no matter what anyone thinks. And she should be treated as such. All the rest of this stuff means nothing!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Amen Dave. Our drafted vets in times of war, who did not volunteer or run, are right up there with every enlistee and Officer, whether one tour of duty, or to retirement, women or men, we could not "git r done!" without everyone who served/serves.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I went back and read her post. It seems to me she may have jumped to the conclusion that it was a female thing, instead of a non-veteran thing. That may not be the case. Anyway, I'm tired of people jumping on the "veteran" thing when it suits them or they have a gripe-and then fail to stand for the Anthem or remove their cap at a ball game.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Personally, and I know this is likely a controversial statement, as a veteran, I do not think there should be such a thing as a "veteran" parking space. Why? Well, it has nothing to do with sex, and everything to do with how to enforce it.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen MEN parking in spaces labeled for "Expectant Mothers" outside of a medical facility, and no, they did not drop someone at the door. I once saw an older gentleman parking is a space labeled for "Customers with children". A man in his late 20's got out of the passenger seat. A lady struggling to get her small children out of her car actually asked him what he was doing. His response? He is my son therefore I am with children. Really? Perhaps that did comply with the letter, but certainly not the spirit of the signage. Handicap parking requires a plate or tag and yet it is still abused. So how are we expected to enforce a "veterans only" space?

Sadly, human nature is such that unless there is something to clearly identify that a person is entitled to a certain privilege, there are going to be abusers.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived