Presentation at ECR

SuiteSuccess

I have been contacted by a commercial air and ground medical transport company that would like to give a short coffee and donut presentation at the ECR. Since I consider this as "our" rally not "mine" I solicit input from those attending. The link is provided so you can make a judgement. In fairness to this company I do not want them to make a trip from Texas if there is no interest or would be no attendance at the presentation. Thanks for your consideration.

http://www.skymed.com

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We had Skymed do several presentations for our Escapees Chapter Quartzsite rallies and they were well attended, informative and even sold a couple memberships.

Tell the presenters where to buy the donuts so you get good ones!

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

To my mind, SkyMed's presentation would better be served at the National HDT RV Rally, rather than at the ECR. While we have had a few RVers with commercial interests make presentations at the ECR, those presentations were more aligned with HDTs, HDT maintenance, HDT beds/bed-building, HDT upgrades and improvements, etc. Furthermore--again, this is personal to me--the ECR is primarily a social event that just happens to have some presentations which share individuals' solutions to issues common to other RVers (especially, HDT RVers), whereas, the National Rally is directly educational, directly commercial, and has scheduled social events (but, limited impromptu social times).

If I have no other things that I want to get done on my HDT (or RV) at the ECR, I would probably attend the presentation; but, their presentation would be much further down my list of things to do at the ECR. On the other hand, if their presentation were to attendees at the National Rally, I would very much, most likely attend it.

Again, those are just my personal opinions.

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

They might be trying to kill two birds with one stone. Our rally will be from 11th to the 18th in Crossville and the SKP ACRE rally is in Sevierville on the 15th to the 21st. less than a 50 mile drive between them to get both rally's.....

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I believe SkyMed was at one of the National HDT Rallies at one time a few years before Gail and I took it over. We may have them back some time in the future. As far as having them at the ECR, my feelings are a lot like Raymond's, keep the ECR more social with some educational stuff thrown in. I know that some of our "members" (and I use the term loosely) do some selling, like Henry and David, but I still see it as a social event. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong :unsure:

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Skymed and other such services are something to be aware of and can be very useful in time of need, I think that a presentation at the national rally or Q would probably serve their interests better, with more exposure to a larger group, let the ECR remain mostly social event.

Since the topic of getting home has been brought up is their any formal plan or organization that would help to transport your rig home in case of major event that required the use of a service like Skymed to transport a companion home?

I'm with Steve. But of course, my vote does not count since it is unlikely we will be there. :(

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived