Any Pitfalls to Watch For?

JerryC58

We have been RV-less since an accident last summer. We now have the opportunity to purchase a 2002 Fleetwood Revolution motorhome at what I think is a very reasonable price. My question is: are there any known problems with the Revolution model? This one has had some upgrades installed and appears to have been very well taken care of. It currently in use and is stored inside when not being used.

Need to know anything else, I'll do the best I can.

JC

There are a number of Revolution owners on the Fleetwood section of iRV2 site. You might want to ask over there. I am quite happy with my Fleetwood American Eagle. With a 13 year old MH there are going to be issues....its just a matter of which issues will occur.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Condition is everything when you buy one that experienced. But the only two Revolution owners that I know have both been quite satisfied. Just keep in mind that it has been in use long enough that no matter how well it was built it could be damaged and no matter how badly built it might now be repaired. I would plan to spend hours going through it and might pay for a professional to do an inspection, especially a diesel mechanic.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I highly recommend purchasing an extended service contract, with seals and gaskets rider, if you buy an older MH. I did, to-date it has almost paid-out the total price of the contract and I still have 14 months remaining on the contract. No claims whatsoever on the chassis part, all on the coach/house part.

For instance, my outside rearview mirrors are electric remote and heated. Both failed within 3 months of purchase. The ESC replaced both @ $1,300 ea. including labor, shipping and tax.

We looked a Fleetwood Expedition -until I found out it had a rebuilt title. It looked great inside and out, but__.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I've got the Revolution LE. It has a different chassis and a Cat engine but the inside is the same. Ours is in our opinion, one of the best RVs we could have found. I think the 2003 only has 3 jacks and a Cummins engine, but that should not be a stopping point.

If the price is right, and the condition good, it is a good coach.

2005 Fleetwood Revolution LE 38X Cat C9

Archived