RV Community in east Texas! SOLD ..............

A neighbor of ours has chosen to sell her extra lot in our community. We are a cooperative community located about 20 minutes drive from Tyler, TX. The community is composed of 65 lots, a community center, common water & sewer system, private streets, and friendly people. About half of the residents here are members of Escapee's RV Club. There are currently 56 residences here as well as some with just an RV cover and a few still undeveloped. Most owners are former fulltimers, with about 10% still fulltime.

00D0D_6utdDILfOpb_600x450.jpg

Kirk,

Please don't take this wrong, it is meant as a heart felt compliment Sir. I have noticed over the

years that you have become the Ambassador of good will and promotions of this small but well kept RV

Community.

I do hope your fellow community members appreciate what you do for them.

May you have an excellent New Year,

Most of the residents are Escapee members or used to be and it is a good fit. But some are also not computer literate and so there are two or three of us who do this for our neighbors. In this case, the lady who owns the lot is now well past 80 years old and a widow. She is our next door neighbor and a truly grand lady so we try to help out. But we also consider the community to be pretty unique in what it is and so we do enjoy sharing it. (It was a member who is an Escapee who made us aware of the community. )

Kirk,

Thanks for posting this on behalf of your neighbor. We keep looking for someplace in Texas that is close enough to our daughter, but not so close that she thinks we are neighbors.

I am assuming that the water covered in the annual dues is "city water" but then I got to thinking it could be a communal well. Which is it? And, approximately what are the electricity rates there?

TIA

I am assuming that the water covered in the annual dues is "city water" but then I got to thinking it could be a communal well. Which is it? And, approximately what are the electricity rates there?

Actually it is both. Each lot has processed water from the local water district for household use and also well water from a community well for use in lawn watering and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the complement. We have found that we like it there. The Google satellite shot is about two years old now and there are 7 more homes now there which show as vacant lots. The lot which is for sale is located on Google Maps along the north/south street that is to the west side of the community, and is one with a tree along each side of the lot, which faces to the west.

There are a couple of options. The best way depends upon if you are spending a night nearby or just passing through. It is all private streets so would be best if we knew you are coming one of us can show you around. I'll send you a PM with more specific information.

• 1 month later...

Kirk, what is the best way to visit your community if we are driving our motorhome? We are planning a trip and will be passing by near Lindale on Hwy 69...thanks, Suzanne

We are back to base so just let me know if you wish a tour of the community! We should be here until July.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife and I recently sold our CA home and are now full time RVers. We are currently semi-dry camping on our daughter's ranch in Kemp and looking for a permanent base camp in the area. Is this property still available or any other property at Bass Lake?.

That lot is still available and there are also two others that are available at this time. There is also an RV port home but it has a sale pending on it. If you would like to discuss this or for information on either of the other two lots, just drop me a PM or send an email.

Address........... woody(at)1tree(dot)net

• 4 weeks later...

Archived