2008 duramax 2500hd

I thinking about moving up to a HDT. I have a 2008 duramax 2500 hd with every option avail. Plus rear tvs, 50gal reserve, 4 adjustable rancho shocks, air bags with onboard compressor, auto slide hitch. Front hitch with a kayak carrier for the front receiver and roof rack. black on black. about 75k miles. Great looker. Not used in the winter garage kept. pulled my 5th wheel about 5k miles the most with it. otherwise just a weekend truck. Seems like everyone us upgrading to a HDT. is there anyone who ever considers trading my truck with your HDT. Thanks everyone. The reason for wanting to do this is my trailer is big but the truck has no issue pulling it but I already have another pickup for work and would like a big truck because sooner or late I will be ready to start full time rving. Figured a hdt will be the way to go. I love it out west in the mountains and wife and I would be more comfortable.

Most people that move to the HDT's are doing so because of the weight issue.

For us, It was either drop $55k+ on a new Ford or Dodge Dually, and plan on replacing it again in 5-7 years, or get the HDT, spend some time and money on a bed and little details, and lease a Smart. Then every 2 years or so we still get that new car smell on the new lease!

How heavy is your RV, and how much pin weight are you carrying?

The Rv trailer is a bit over for my truck. It pulls fine. I just know we will be traveling with a 5th wheel for the rest of our lives and some time I will buying a HDT. I was hoping to find someone that would wanting to do some swapping. Plus the wife likes to pack the whole entire house when we travel. I'm familiar with big equipment and we have several trucks and pretty good fabricator. I will probably end up building one myself.

Archived