Backup Camera for Fifth Wheel

Chalkie

I have been looking at backup cameras for several months now. There is quite a few out there. I have not good experiences with wireless models. For example, I had one that showed that traffic camera image every time I was stopped at an intersection. That was only amusing for a while.

I keep coming back to this model as it easily disconnects from the fiver when.

http://smile.amazon.com/Rear-View-Safety-RVS-770614-213-Camera/dp/B00CWFW5L8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421425477&sr=8-2&keywords=rvs-770614-213

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this brand and or model. Or, if I am overlooking some better solutions.

Thanks!

(I was not sure if this would be the best section to post in, if not, moderator please feel free to move it.)

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I have a Review Safety cameras on our 5th wheel. I installed this system http://www.rearviewsafety.com/products/camera-systems/three-camera-system-with-quick-connect-disconnect-cable-model-rvs-770616-2133.html and it has worked very well indeed with never problem. I keep the volume turned all the way down on the monitor unless needed because I find the occasional interference (white noise) distracting.

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

I also installed a small license plate style camera on my tool box that points at the hitch and inputs to our Garmin GPS. It's my favorite camera and makes hitching up a piece of cake.

Later,

J

PS Got that camera from RVS too.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

I got mine from a John Deere dealer there are several options for monitors they are very durable and the connections are easy to take apart yet secure

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

Check out leviathan_holdings (6459 ) on E-bay. He has a multitude of cameras and monitors. I just installed the 10" monitor and 4 camera system with the trailer disconnect

Little pricey but I only want to pull the wires once..

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I use a Voyager 4 camera system. Several options but you can use camera 1 for the main rear view and cameras 2 and 3 as smaller "insert" images on that screen for three views of the fifth wheel. Camera 4 is mounted high on the truck to use when hooking the fifth wheel up, I also have a low camera at the receiver hitch if needed that displays on the GPS/radio.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Archived