Get $50 Off Your DISH Bill (maybe)

Zulu

I just left feedback so I will see if it works. Thanks Zulu.

If Dish Network is willing to give me a credit for an honest feedback (I did not give a totally positive feedback) then I will take it. Many companies offer incentives to obtain feedback. Many times this is the only way they get the feedback. I do not believe these type of incentives affect the overall cost of satellite programming.

Guest Pensauncola

My understanding is that if you complain about Dish not showing Fox News, you get a discount or credit. If you encourage Dish to continue and fight the providers' rate increases, you get a "thank you for your feedback" message.

It happens every time Dish is in dispute with a major provider. People complain, people get $5 off for six months or something similar. Everybody else just pays for it.

I would complain about the loss of Fox News, but I've never watched it and that would be hypocritical. Same with CNN. I have limited hours left on this earth, ain't going to share it with some talking head on the boob tube (especially when John Wayne is on the other channel).

My understanding is that if you complain about Dish not showing Fox News, you get a discount or credit. If you encourage Dish to continue and fight the providers' rate increases, you get a "thank you for your feedback" message.

I had just the opposite experience with DISH. Maybe you're talking about Fox's link.

Well now I'm seeing this there:

We are pleased to announce that DISH and Fox have agreed to the major terms of a new long term agreement that will restore Fox News and Fox Business to our customers. We are working with Fox on a few contractual details but we are optimistic that these channels will be restored very quickly.

We know these negotiations were frustrating and we cannot thank you enough for remaining patient as we work to finalize this agreement. We were very appreciative of all the comments, emails and phone calls we received from our customers that were very supportive of our stance to fight for fair rates and terms. But we also appreciated the feedback that was critical of our decisions. These comments to DISH and to Fox ultimately brought our respective teams together in a spirit of compromise so that our mutual customers would no longer be impacted.
Again, thank you very much for standing by us during this time. With this new agreement, you will be able to enjoy Fox News and Fox Business for many years to come.
We sincerely thank you for your patience and for being a valued DISH customer.

I hope my comment got read last night! That means $50 in more truck parts! :rolleyes:

Hope you score. If you do, you'll get an email like this . . .

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding Fox on DISHStandsForYou.com.

We know what you really want is to get your FOX programming back and we appreciate your patience during this process. As a small token of our appreciation, we have applied a one-time credit of $50 to your account. ¹

Sincerely,

DISH

¹Non-transferable. Credit only valid for customer listed at this email address. Must be subscriber at time credit is applied. No cash value if account is cancelled prior to credit issuance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived