Dusty closet

bja1234

There really shouldn't be a lot of dust in the closet. We never had the problem. We probably could use a little more information.

What RV do you have? Where is the closet in question? Is it in a slideout? Is your RV more dusty than you think it should be and are your other cabinets/closets dusty? Even your basement bays should not get dust in them if sealed correctly. Do you typically travel dusty unpaved roads?

My thinking is that you have a unique air-flow going on while you're traveling. Is the closet over the engine compartment if you have a diesel motorhome and can you see any opening where the outside dust could enter?

So many possibilities...... Good luck. That much dust on clothes could be very aggravating.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I got a bunch of the clear one that they put stuff in from the dry cleaners or I improvise with large appropriate size trash bags.

You can pick up dust everywhere but out west with open windows accelerates it. Ever been in a blow at SKP parks out west. How about those haboob or whatever they call it out in Ariz. in recent summers!

Even clothing hanging in a closet at home for a long period of time will discolor on the shoulders if they are not regularly worn and washed. As far as dust - I can't believe how often the top of the coffee maker is dusty, seems like every couple of days. I do not have one area more dusty than another though.

Pat DeJong

• 4 months later...

Archived