Heater/AC blower

propertwb

I have a 2001 Volvo 610. The heater/AC blower has stopped working. Anyone have any experience with replacing the motor? or know how to access it? I haven't checked the four position fan switch yet, but the AC controls are getting power since the Auto temp control works. It just doesn't push air.

Thanks. Bill

Bill and Val #94867

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller

"The Rumblebee" 2001 Volvo 610 VED 12 385 with gen 2 autoshift

2003 Teton Frontier 3 axle

Bill,

I do know how to replace the blower motor.

If you want any used parts just ask, I am in the process of replacing my complete A/C box that has auto controls with a new manual control unit.

First remove the passenger side front grab assist bar, 2 14MM headed bolts.

Then remove the speaker grill, speaker and under the speaker there is one bolt, remove it

Then remove the torx screws you see holding the upper dash bolster in,

Then remove the door sill cover so you can pull the floor mat and insulator back, noting that there is 3 10MM headed plastic nuts holding the lower bolster on.

Then remove the right screw and lower bolster.

Then you will see 2 metal spring clips on top of the heater housing above the VOLVO name at the seam, and 2 on the lower part, then remove this panel, blower motor will slide out.

Any questions or if you need some pictures just e-mail me at rogerjones218@gmail.com

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Thanks guys. Although the first thing for me to check was the blower fuse, I never found it.

The good news is that once I got to the blower, I discovered that the final connector before the blower motor was very corroded. So after taking it apart and cleaning it, the motor now works fine. Much better in fact. Thanks for your help.

Bill

Bill and Val #94867

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller

"The Rumblebee" 2001 Volvo 610 VED 12 385 with gen 2 autoshift

2003 Teton Frontier 3 axle

Archived