Heartland Toy Haulers

What's the quality, amenity pecking order for Heartland toyhaulers? Roadwarrior, Cyclone, Torque, and Edge?

Got a friend that is looking at a Road Warrior and I hate for them to be disappointed in it. Their 2-3 "Weekers" (new term there) with the usual kayaks, bicycles, 3 dogs, no kids.

Just digging for a little info.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

What's the quality, amenity pecking order for Heartland toyhaulers? Roadwarrior, Cyclone, Torque, and Edge?

Got a friend that is looking at a Road Warrior and I hate for them to be disappointed in it. Their 2-3 "Weekers" (new term there) with the usual kayaks, bicycles, 3 dogs, no kids.

Just digging for a little info.

Howdy!

Cyclone is their top of the line followed by Roadwarrior not sure after that. We fulltime in a Cyclone 4000 elite. Might want to do some reserch at the Heartland owners forum site.

http://www.heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/152-Cyclone-Community

"Happy Trails

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Cyclone here.....2013, bought new. We love it. The layout/decor is closer to what my custom dream unit would look like than any other.

But, if I wasn't a tool man and had to go to a dealership every time something fell apart I would be one seriously unhappy camper. Structurally it has held up, so far, and that's MY bottom line. Not saying they are any worse than their competition, but compared to the automobile industry I think the general standard in the RV industry is poor across the board.

The Heartland owners forum tends to attract people with problems looking for solutions, so that may skew your perception a little. Then again, many of those problems, did happen. That said, there are thousands out there enjoying their units.

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

We looked at Cyclone but decided Landmark was a better choice for us. We didn't need a th but thought the grandkids would like it better. After checking things like insulation, kitchen size and amenities/features we stayed with a non-th layout. Unless you have the toys to haul, a th isn't a great choice. IMHO

We've looked at other ths over the years and found little quality difference in the mid level rigs. Heartland seems to make a decent rig for the price. A large Cyclone or similar needs a minimum 1 ton dually to comfortably tow.

2005 Safari Simba 37PCT

Fulltimer - resident of Polson, MT

Mostly in CO, MT, NC & KW FL

USAF Retired

Archived