Test photo from Google Photos

Al F

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you were using Google since this is a topic about Google images... The link you posted above is Google too.

The image button on the toolbar is the tiny little tree picture just above where you type your post. If you don't see one there click the little switch looking icon at the top left corner of the post area.

Photobucket is easy enough:

open bucket and select picture
right-click and open in new tab
Copy the URL up to the ?=00000 part

Your Google image above works just fine if you use the open in new tab method to get the URL:

P1040128.JPG

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

You got the link to your Google album, if you go back to the beginning of the topic and follow the steps there you'll get just the picture.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=115136&p=746372

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Look for these icons in the Taskbar at the top of the Reply to this topic box. (I used the Link icon here. Highlight the URL and choose copy. Then highlight the words you wish to use in the link and paste the link you just copied.)

Look for:

Untitled.jpg

(I used the Image icon for this picture. Just open the picture, right click and choose copy, then Paste into the Window that opens when you click on the Image icon.)

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

I am able to get the photo on the page but when I try to post the reply I get a message saying "You are not allowed to" do it or something.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1Rod, Copy the link you are trying to post, come back to the forums and click in the reply box to activate the tools. Click the "code" button, the one with "<>" on it, paste your link into the pop-up's big box, hit OK and then hit the Post button, once we see what you are trying we can figure out the fix.

I wonder if the photo file is of the wrong format or type for the forum S/W??? That is why I can't use this method with my OneDrive pictures. I have not figured that out yet, but I hopefully will eventually.

Medico, Post a link that I can use to get to your pictures, in a code block if nothing else. If it doesn't require Windows to get to them I'll try and sort it out.

Here is a link to our OneDrive lot pictures. It appears the format is jpg, not .jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C0832B32502CF9D0!10250&authkey=!AFXGxM6tb_cW6bE&ithint=folder%2cJPG Please note the Forum S/W shortens the link so I also added the Code option.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C0832B32502CF9D0!10250&authkey=!AFXGxM6tb_cW6bE&ithint=folder%2cJPG

If I open one picture, there is not a Copy, but a Copy To option. I can Share, then Create a link, but the link has a similar format to the above. Copy To just gives me the option to Copy To a folder on my PC.

I do get an error if I try to paste the link here:

"Placeholder with X" As you can see, the Forum S/W seems to be unable to handle this link format.

"Placeholder with X" I just tried to add a .jpg at the end of the URL with the same results. I suspect this must be some type of proprietary problem with the OneDrive file formats.

"Placeholder with X" I then tried to add the dot in front of the jpg in the original link. Same results.

When I try to post I get an error:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. I cannot even post the Reply until I remove the placeholders.

Placeholder.png

This is what the placeholder looks like. (I grabbed a Prt Sc of my screen, pasted to Paint, cropped and sent the pic to Google+ to post the above screen grab here. This explanation is for the benefit of others that may want to do this. Many of the PC forums I participated in allowed uploading photos directly from my PC, but most of the RV forums do not, so we have to use a service like Photobucket or Google+)

here it is.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community

The above is the message i get when I try to post a photo.

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod, are you using Google+ or Photo Bucket to try to load your photos? If so, the file extensions are allowed here. The above example I posted is while attempting to load photos from my OneDrive Cloud storage, not from Google+ or Photo Bucket. Both of those services work fine.

If you use Google+ just open the upload photo box and drag your photo from your PC. One you have done that, choose Done. Now simply right click on the photo you just uploaded and choose Copy. At that point paste the link you just copied into the Image box from the link in the taskbar at the top of the Reply box. This will paste your photo into the reply you are posting.

it appears that the forum software cannot handle shortened URLs. Usually, when an image is displayed from a source that shortens it, you can click on it to open it in a new tab/window and that image will have the full URL in the address field. Maybe there is an app that will unshorten URLs directly to the clipboard for pasting into this primordial forum software.

Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I got OneDrive to open and show pictures so I'll see what can be done.

Your code link isn't to a picture

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C0832B32502CF9D0!10250&authkey=!AFXGxM6tb_cW6bE&ithint=folder%2cJPG

This is a redirect command to load another web object:

redir?resid=C0832B32502CF9D0!10250&authkey=!AFXGxM6tb_cW6bE&ithint=folder%2cJPG

This does end in .jpg but the forum is choking on the rest of the stuff that isn't a direct link:

resid=C0832B32502CF9D0!10250&authkey=!AFXGxM6tb_cW6bE&ithint=folder%2cJPG

OK, if you open the image from a right click, then open the image that appears in a new tab you get a link that is almost usable:

https://lh2mgg-bn1305.files.1drv.com/y2mCqvgnDQR9QwNyeF6eeqlEUyjXF-5VC_z9b8oNiDCI8H5rvAsD9iOLyXCaRbc_uOHmIHXIv-EPs6wLWck-SuR63rVt82eH6P56wCr3C-kWJtsd3_GsL2vftD3aDhDmZGndCy6UOrnBNaVCvr4qsuYeg/DSC_0001.JPG?psid=1'>https://lh2mgg-bn1305.files.1drv.com/y2mCqvgnDQR9QwNyeF6eeqlEUyjXF-5VC_z9b8oNiDCI8H5rvAsD9iOLyXCaRbc_uOHmIHXIv-EPs6wLWck-SuR63rVt82eH6P56wCr3C-kWJtsd3_GsL2vftD3aDhDmZGndCy6UOrnBNaVCvr4qsuYeg/DSC_0001.JPG?psid=1

If you copy it to the forum and then trim the stuff following the .JPG off I believe it will work. Give the pup a treat, he looks hungry! :-)

DSC_0001.JPG

https://lh2mgg-bn1305.files.1drv.com/y2mCqvgnDQR9QwNyeF6eeqlEUyjXF-5VC_z9b8oNiDCI8H5rvAsD9iOLyXCaRbc_uOHmIHXIv-EPs6wLWck-SuR63rVt82eH6P56wCr3C-kWJtsd3_GsL2vftD3aDhDmZGndCy6UOrnBNaVCvr4qsuYeg/DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

He is never hungry! This is a picture of both Diesel and my DW! If I right click and choose View Original, it is opened in a new tab with the garbage appended on the end. As you state, removing the garbage allows the picture to be posted. This will save having to move the pictures from my OneDrive to Google+. My Images are automatically stored in OneDrive so it will save the steps. Thank you very much.

Hmmm, it was there when I posted it. It's weird, when I clicked Edit just now the above photo came back. I'm not sure what's going on.

When I first remove the garbage and try to post I get the "You cannot use that extension on this forum" error, and yet the photo appears there. If I sign off and look at the picture I get the place holder only, and yet if I click Edit it comes back until I sign off again. Very strange.

I am unsure what's happening here. I tried again by using the Image icon in the taskbar, Pasting the Image, deleting the garbage behind .jpg and yet still get the error message. The picture you posted, which has the same URL less the garbage, does appear correctly, but my picture, with the garbage deleted, gets an error message.

DSC_0001.JPG

When I copy the picture you posted, it works fine. I guess I'm going to have to play more to figure things out.

Maybe try logging out and looking at your pictures to get the link, it might be a difference in logged-in and not that is causing the difference?

DSC_0002.JPG

OK, I signed out of OneDrive after copying the URL to my page. I then signed in here and posted the picture of Diesel and my lovely DW. I then signed off and checked and the picture was still there.

That method is a little more involved, but appears to work. I will keep working on it to try to find a method without going through that whole process. Since I generally go to OneDrive from my MSN home page, I'm already signed onto the OneDrive account. I will post back if I find another method to make the process easier, but since I do not post pictures that often. it might not be worth the time.

Thanks for your assistance Stan.

Yeah. I have been complaining about this inconsistency for years.

One thing that I have found is that syncing with ONedrive and maybe Google Drive, does take some time. If I am on the local system I put the picture up on , it works ok when I try to view it but coming from another system to the drive, it does not show up there, sometimes for a long time, depending on connections and whatever timing criteria the servers may have???

Anyway, there is still a gap here in fluidity and consistency when it comes to posting pictures and links to pictures.

I have started using Snagit for most of the stuff that I get grief from and put it on Screencast to link it. SNAGIT does almost all of that automatically whenever I clip a picture but I still prefer to use my own Cloud Drives when I can.

Just to keep things simpler I would prefer using my OneDrive. Then I don't have to keep track of where I posted a particular photo from, was it OneDrive or Google+ or Photobucket or, etc., etc., etc. It's just the method takes a couple extra steps which is a PITA. It would be soooo much simpler to be able to upload a photo directly from our PCs. We do it in PC forums I spend some time in . It would be nice here as well, but it seems the 3 RV forums I spend time on do not allow that. Oh well, as I stated earlier I do not post many photos anyway.

This photo was auto-uploaded to my Google drive by my Android phone (Note 4) after I took it so I just focus (no pun) on shooting the pictures with my phone.

To put it into this forum I just

1. Go to Google+,
  2. go into the PHOTOS section and
  3. left click on the photo I want.

This brings it up full size on screen and a

1. right click (COPY IMAGE URL) grabs the correct image link to paste
  2. Clicking the little picture icon on the tool bar gets me the URL field prompt to paste it into
  3. and then it is done, thus:

20150116_170951.jpg

20150120_064230.jpg

OK, I just put a bunch of photos from my PC onto my phone. They are now on Google+. I suppose that could be a work around as well for those pictures that are photos that I wish to post.

Our new outdoor kitchen:

20141228_090621.jpg

By the way, we try to follow the sign as often as possible!

Archived