RV Campervan in Europe

whatsnext

We are going to plan a European trip for the spring of 2017 and I was wondering if anyone has rented an RV / Campervan in Europe?

Who did you rent from and how was the experience?

I have heard of IdeaMerge and wanted some feedback.

thank you very much for your insights.

Hymer rental is reliable as are the vehicles. http://www.hireahymer.com/ Book EARLY for June July August.

Make absolutely certain that you have the correct insurance if moving countries and you have the correct permissions from the rental company.

Generally OK within the EU Morocco can be a problem.

I rattled around Europe in a camper in my hang gliding days. Where were you thinking of going?

Hymer rental is reliable as are the vehicles. http://www.hireahymer.com/ Book EARLY for June July August.

Make absolutely certain that you have the correct insurance if moving countries and you have the correct permissions from the rental company.

Generally OK within the EU Morocco can be a problem.

I rattled around Europe in a camper in my hang gliding days. Where were you thinking of going?

My wife and I are thinking of visiting 10 or 11 countries (all western Europe) with a Greece cruise thrown in over a period of 3-4 months. We are planning a trip from mid-March to late June or first week in July. Southern countries in spring and northern in Summer. I was looking at McRent as well for the campervan rental (out of Frankfurt).

Any advice for campervanning in Europe?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

We and another couple will soon be leaving for a two month RV adventure visiting Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland. After much research, we rented our RVs through Ideamerge, renting from McRents in Friedberg, Germany (near Frankfurt). If you rent in Germany for longer than a month, you can avoid the EU VAT. The reasons we used Ideamerge are that they are US based, speak English, know the ropes and handle all the details with McRents.

We and another couple will soon be leaving for a two month RV adventure visiting Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland. After much research, we rented our RVs through Ideamerge, renting from McRents in Friedberg, Germany (near Frankfurt). If you rent in Germany for longer than a month, you can avoid the EU VAT. The reasons we used Ideamerge are that they are US based, speak English, know the ropes and handle all the details with McRents.

I have also looked into IdeaMerge. Their rates are competitive and they seem to have a larger selection of campervans than McRents (which is strange because they use McRent).

I will be very interested to hear about your experience.

Thanks

David

Archived