Corporate camping

Wrknrvr

Another good brawl on the Escapee Forum. This place can really be hate filled. I think that's why I only look here ever month or so.

Happy New Year. To those who can be happy and want to be happy.

You need to read comments on youtube videos to see real hate. This place is very polite in comparison.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

You need to read comments on youtube videos to see real hate. This place is very polite in comparison.

Oh by did you ever hit that nail square on. WOW !!! some of the youtube comments are just flat unbelievable.

All forums will have misunderstandings and people who's......................gears, wont mesh with everyone's. It's just how life as a human on the www is.

I'm a work'n on it.

Not too far outside Apache Junction is one of my favorite Arizona State Parks - Lost Dutchman. Great view of the Superstition Mountains from most sites:

At the risk of being a little off-topic... Are folks still searching for the Lost Dutchman's gold? Serious question here... because years ago, we had good friends in Bossier City, LA that took two weeks every January to go to the Superstition mountains... and detail search for the gold... like hiking off trail, rock scrambling, etc. These were two Professional people that took things seriously... They were going to find that Gold!

Anyone know anything about this?

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

They were going to find that Gold!

Anyone know anything about this?

They haven't found it or either not telling anyone they had.

Would you tell? I didn't think so. :)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I was not ready for where this thread went to. So I set and watched.

Now for my explanation of this post.

We have spent the last six winters in Florida at Carefree resorts. Old ones that have trees and some different shaped lots. They had some amenities, just not like modern RV resorts. One thing that really bothers us about Florida is some of the drivers there. We were in an accident in Florida caused by a drunk woman and it destroyed our HDT truck. I spent the summer of 07 recuperating to be able to go back to work. Then last winter I had a dual wheel pickup pull out in front on me while going to a job. I swerved to the left and mist him but that was it . We talked about going west next winter.

I am still working so I need to be where there is work. Which means campgrounds for a better chance of work. I do RV repair for a living.

We went west in the spring and looked at New Mexico and Az. Stop for awhile in Camp Verde Az and it looked good. We are at a small privately owned campground in Camp Verde. I can walk out font and see the red rocks around Sedona.

But there are very few campers in the area to work on . It is not snowbird country.

Now for our experience in the Phoenix area. I have talked with a few people about staying in the area so we went and looked around. We ended up at Gold canyon as I have a friend that stays there. We went into the office and talked to them and things seem to be going good. The DW liked it. But we did not see a safe way for her to ride her bike out of the front entrance and go anywhere. It did look tight for us to park there as we are 73' long while hiked up going down the road. But it was doable.

So the work subject came up just to make sure I could work at my business while there.

That was the problem. If we stayed in any of the parks they are affiliated with or that park I was not aloud to work in any of there parks. They have about 10 parks in that area. Which meant a good possibility of work was not going to happen.

We did stop at another park but decided to look elsewhere so that is what we did.

While camping it is nice some times to have a campfire. But if you watch the news in the Phoenix area there is no fires aloud as to add the to the blue/Brown cloud.

So I apologize to anyone that I offended.

Vern

Vern,

There are several parks in the Mesa-Apache Junction area that do have mobile RV techs to stay there - just not the Cal-Am parks. I know that Mesa Spirit does as we know a couple of the guys that do work all around the east valley from their sites at Mesa Spirit.

As to the campfires, lots of people have propane setups for warmth at their outdoor patios in parks all over the county. But as far as burning wood, I'm just as happy that there is a burn ban in effect. I don't like the smoke from a traditional campfire wafting towards us - - my eyes start burning, etc.

But if you want to make money working as a mobile RV tech then you are going to need to be in an area where there are lots of RVs.

BTW - I agree with your assessment of Gold Canyon - nice park, but sits right on Highway 60 which is very, very busy and it is a long way out.

No need to apologize, you are simply stating the facts that you found that relate to your looking for work.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We stayed at the Arizonian which is in the Gold Canyon area.....is that the one you guys are talking about?

We have done all the types of stays that were mentioned and still find getting out into the desert by ourselves is the best....for us. The commercial camping seems to be the worst.....for us. We have our RZR and a 4x4 and our favorite activity is to explore so the west is best....for us.

Im surprised to hear that Florida has worse drivers than Texas .....cant be possible...lol. I have never seen as deplorable driving habits as in Galveston. Houston wasnt much better. It was shocking to say the least.

Another thing I have discovered is we really dont like staying by the ocean....way to much corrosive salt spray and humidity for us. We greatly prefer the dry desert air and sun.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived