Oops

Jimalberta

Hate to admit it but I did a booboo today and forgot to hook up my safety cables to the toad. After dragging one of them 100 miles there is not much left of it. Damn....and I say always check everything but was hooking up in fog and rain and standing in puddles ....no excuse but ya hafta pay attention to detail ( note to self).

This after going fishing the other day and forgot to remove my bait fish from the toad for a full day and night. And now there is a slight odor. My wife asked me today if I'm getting old or something.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I had to hook up in a pouring rain after a repair while at the shop a year ago. I could not remember if I had set the transfer case to Neutral, so after putting the coach in gear, I put it back to Park and checked again. Good choice as it was NOT in Neutral. Boy would that have been a costly boo-boo!

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

I had to hook up in a pouring rain after a repair while at the shop a year ago. I could not remember if I had set the transfer case to Neutral, so after putting the coach in gear, I put it back to Park and checked again. Good choice as it was NOT in Neutral. Boy would that have been a costly boo-boo!

A friend did that while we were in Alaska. He bought 2 new tires to replace the ones with steel cords hanging out the sides_.

I did that hooking up to leave an RV park. Drove about a block and noticed a Jeep rear wheel turning backwards around a street corner in the park. Forgot to unlock the Jeep steering wheel our first time out. Welcome to the group!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

So went into Camping World to replace my cables and they want $100! Screw that .....I'm way too damn cheap to spend $100 on some cables when I can buy chain for $20. Or less.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

After hooking up the truck I always wiggle a bit to make sure the wheels are turning. I've seen people start to drive off and leave skid marks from their toad until someone can stop them.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

Friend of mine, last summer. Transfer case not in N, transmission in 1st gear. About 10 miles down the road one rear wheel departed, with axle shaft attached. Had a flatbed take it to an shop and when I got under it I could not believe the destruction. Rods out both sides of block, starter ears broken off hanging by wires, one rear spring totally broken off, brake on side that lost axle ground down ~30%. Sad day out in NW Co. The wrecking yard gave him $250, he had just had his old Bronco painted @$2500.

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

Oh yeah! That's why I TRY to always use check lists for everything. We have one joint hook-up list and once we are both in the cab and ready to go we run through it one last time - if I had a $ for every time one of us had to go back to check something ...

Lately I have been using the Packing Pro app on my phone. Makes an easy check list that you can check off as things are done. Right now there are 32 items on my hook-up check list, some inside, some outside. Building the list can be a bit counter-intuitive until you get the hang of it, but once it is done it works slick.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Archived